SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Don't Want To Seem Like A Whiner But I Am. Snow Sucks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Don't Want To Seem Like A Whiner But I Am. Snow Sucks Login/Join 
posted
For thirty years I've told Mrs Bytes that I am the fuck out of here during winter. Well, I love her, son, daughter, and grand kids. I can't move away on my own. I am stuck here shoveling 10 inches of snow off my driveway and side walks. When will Spring be here? This sucksFrown </Whine>

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
If you bring a leaf rake you're welcome to come visit Cool

I grew up in PA and spent 5 years in Great Lakes so I can feel your pain.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy a couple more shovels, and the next time it snows, *everyone* at the house shovels. The snow will still suck, but you won't be the only dog pulling the sled!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Really chilly here in Islamorada this morning, middle 50's. Upper 60's later. Went swimming after the football games, and was out watching the eclipse in my underwear. -13 back in Madison, WI this morning.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
If you bring a leaf rake you're welcome to come visit Cool

This what a whiner I am. I don't want to rake or shovel. This is going to be a problem for me Big Grin I guess it's time to cowboy up.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
A snow blower can be your friend.

Posts: 3720 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
It used to be:If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Now, it’s: If life gives you snow, make snow ice cream or something like that. Stay warm brother.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at my forecast for the week. If yours is warmer, than you are ok.
Beautiful sunny day, though.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Love the snow, then the sun comes out and it gets real cold. What is not to like? Favorite time of year for me.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
When will Spring be here?
This sucks Frown </Whine>

Cheer up! Spring will be here... two months from today! Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
No snow, but it was 8 degrees this morning and isn't much better now.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sig members. I've got to move south. I'm still going to be a whiney bitchBig Grin

Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
It's 8 above outside right now and I'm not going to complain this year (yet Big Grin ). It's been pretty decent and the last couple of major snow storms have been well to the south. All in all it's been a pretty nice winter compared to previous years.

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If it's not a deep and wet/heavy snowfall, I use a push broom instead of a shovel. It works well and is less back breaking.

I'd rather do that often every hour or so, than wait til it's over. .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
It actually dipped into the high 40's last night but really clear and blue this morning.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I did the smart thing and moved away from the snow. Never could convince the folks to move though -so when they hit their late eighties guess who moved back to the snow. I agree snow sucks!

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I love it. Can't get enough of it.

The wife and kid this morning:

And going through the deep stuff:

Two huge storms in less than a week. Freakin' awesome.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't say I love snow, but I would rather use a snowblower than a grass cutter...… I just hate the zero and below temps...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It was cold here this morning, too. I had to wear pants instead of shorts and a sweatshirt. Big Grin

Posts: 13104 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God I miss snow and brisk cold. Grass greener or something to that effect.

We got quite the blizzard here over the last couple days at one point it was so bad if I squinted I could almost make out a white sheen on the shingles. The grass was green AND WHITE. There was some white in the grass pure pandemonium here. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post