SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Don't Want To Seem Like A Whiner But I Am. Snow Sucks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Don't Want To Seem Like A Whiner But I Am. Snow Sucks Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I can accept snow and cold.

What works on me the most, are 25°-40° cloudy rainy days, the damp chill eats me alive.

Clear days, 10°, no winds...not so much.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've come to hate cold weather, especially snow over the past few years. I'd love to move to AZ or some other location with mild winters but I'm stuck in PA. I'm involved with several ministries at Church, home is paid for, friends and family are close by so leaving PA is not really an option. The best solution I found was to take off on vacation for a week or two during winter to escape the cold. Back in December I went to Tucson, AZ for two weeks and it was a joy and relief to escape the cold, wet weather in PA. Trips to warm climates works for me and may be something that works for you so give it a try.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Well, I love her, son, daughter, and grand kids. I can't move away on my own. </Whine>

Send them a postcard of you on the beach. You won't be by yourself for long...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Snow falls. Shoveling it sucks.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it got really cold a couple years ago in NC - like a way below average cold spell down into the single digits at night. so cold i literally got jaw pain...

no way I could handle MI, MN, ND type cold...

moved to FL and am enjoying the warmer temps although JUL - AUG got a bit old at 90+ deg + humidity every day for weeks straight...

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It’s single digits and windy here and I don’t work in a temperature controlled place. Mad

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I haven't even tried to remove snow yet. It's coming down so fast, the effort would be futile. I'm goofing around in the shop where it's warm, dry and bright. One can almost forget the blizzard going on outside. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
It's bad enough we got 10" of white shit now today it never went above 0 degrees F.
This sucks!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I can take snow or leave it. I'd rather deal with snow and cold than heat and humidity, not to mention snakes, fire ants, tornadoes and hurricanes.

What I hate is ice. And we got a shitload of it last night. 6-ish inchs of snow with an inch of ice on top.

I can walk my 200+ pound fat ass across the top of it and never break through. Miserable shit.

Spent part of the morning chopping through the ice to break it up so I could shovel the snow under it. I'm 68 years old, and I'm getting too old for this shit.

Then my house-bound, semi-bedridden friends called and I went over and spent another 3 hours chopping ice, shoveling snow and spreading salt.

No way a snowblower would even touch this stuff.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I haven't even tried to remove snow yet. It's coming down so fast, the effort would be futile. I'm goofing around in the shop where it's warm, dry and bright. One can almost forget the blizzard going on outside. Big Grin

We're in the same neck of the woods, NO UT, SE ID. I've got to get Mrs Bytes to AZ, this snow crap is killing me.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
I've come to hate cold weather, especially snow over the past few years. I'd love to move to AZ or some other location with mild winters but I'm stuck in PA. I'm involved with several ministries at Church, home is paid for, friends and family are close by so leaving PA is not really an option. The best solution I found was to take off on vacation for a week or two during winter to escape the cold. Back in December I went to Tucson, AZ for two weeks and it was a joy and relief to escape the cold, wet weather in PA. Trips to warm climates works for me and may be something that works for you so give it a try.

PA is great place to be from. I left PA 39 years ago. That was the best thing I ever did. I left behind the damned snow, salt rusted cars, winter colds, strep throat, and lung infections. I should have left there years sooner. Oh, it was 65 and sunny in Austin today.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well, I love it. Can't get enough of it.

The wife and kid this morning:

And going through the deep stuff:

Two huge storms in less than a week. Freakin' awesome.

Being a guy from Holiday, you and I both know that Park City skiing sucksSmile Solitude rocks. Take care my friend! I hate shoveling snow but I love this state.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Being a guy from Holiday, you and I both know that Park City skiing sucksSmile Solitude rocks. Take care my friend! I hate shoveling snow but I love this state.

Hey, I don't disagree! Actually, Brighton is my favorite, but as it is, Park City Resort is only five mins away, so it's preferable some days.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I hate winter. This one truth is the most certain knowlege I have. That, and that it's pretty much always winter. So, I pretty much hate always.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I feel ya! we had 11" , then 1/2" of sleet and then another 4". When you add -28° with the wind chill the following day, it really sux!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
It actually dipped into the high 40's last night but really clear and blue this morning.

My friend over in Bonita Springs said this morning that the warming shelters were open... because it was 43 degrees. Razz

quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
If it's not a deep and wet/heavy snowfall, I use a push broom instead of a shovel. It works well and is less back breaking.

I'd rather do that often every hour or so, than wait til it's over. .

I've wondered about using a leaf blower for the light snow. Haven't tried it yet though.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Then there's the guy who got fed up with all of it, so he strapped his snow blower to the roof of his car and drove South until someone asked him, "what the heck is that?"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Chalk me up on the side that hates cold weather and snow. Our winters can be mean but they are short, so for a month or two, I put up with it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Hey, I don't disagree! Actually, Brighton is my favorite, but as it is, Park City Resort is only five mins away, so it's preferable some days.

Alta rules! Then Solitude when I need a break. Hitting Brighton on Wednesday to teach a new skier. This was a great storm.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post