SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bob Munden: Unbelievably Fast Shooting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob Munden: Unbelievably Fast Shooting Login/Join 
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
He said he was shooting blanks.

Heard that, but thought it was only for the demos and not balloons.
He has a fanning hammer so only needed to hold the trigger back. Incredibly fast.

I remember when Bill Jordan was asked how he would do against James “Wild Bill” Hickok or John Wesley Hardin. He said that he would be killed. He was probably faster, but they were stone hard killers.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2274 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some of the names might surprise you. How about Sammy Davis Jr. and Jerry Lewis?

In the late 60s-early 70s, both Lewis and Davis co-hosted the Mike Douglas television show during different weeks. While they were on, they each demonstrated their gun handling skills with a SAA.

They were both very fast, but Davis had superior gun handling skills

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I've posted this many times, but it's one of my favorite clips.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I watched Bob Munden put on a show at the Nasville Gunshow, at the Nashville Fairgrounds some 30 years ago. One of the things he did was the balloons and blanks. It was amazing!!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate to see him when I was young. I actually have one of the blanks he fired that night. He was definitely in a league of his own.
I have also watched him on TV and videos....

Miss folks like this....

Posts: 787 | Registered: April 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of his guns and gear (and his wife's) are displayed at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming.
Saw it as well as other interesting firearms last weekend.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
...he had someone throw aspirin tablets up so he could shoot something "a bit challenging".
I saw him on TV shoot tossed aspirin with a 22. His skills were off the charts.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was an amazing shot. I used to laugh,in amazement, at how he would fan the trigger on his pistols with ease and make a saa a full auto. I am sure they had some work to them but it was nothing short of incredible. I can only imagine how much trigger time he had and the cost of all that shooting,even with blanks. I miss seeing him on the tv on the gun shows.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Bob lived in Butte, saw him occasionally at a few MT gun shows. Usually the Butte, sometimes Helena and the Bozeman shows.

When I was on the Highway Patrol I stopped him in Helena (For what i don't recall) and we talked by the side of the road for 30 minutes. He was a hell of a nice guy. Humble, with a good sense of humor.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post