SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a good place to get tires? Update on OP with pics…
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a good place to get tires? Update on OP with pics… Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:
I checked Discount Tire's website to see if the local store had the tires I was looking for. I ordered them and set up an appointment. I got a phone call from the store and was asked if I could come in a bit early. I was in and out of there in less than an hour.

(Pssst! If you order your tires on line with them then once you get there you are placed at the front of the line.)

I did this as well, and I was actually done before my appointment time.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Does Discount do alignments? Last I saw they did not but I wish they did. Wonder why they don't.
They do not, but the Apopka store recommends a place just a couple minutes away, for alignment.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30748 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Updated in OP.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6351 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I have done a lot of Costco but my last set came from Discount Tire.

Posts: 7270 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Interesting choice. I had not heard of those before.
I’ll be interested to hear an update after you had had them for awhile.
I am particularly interested if they turn brown.
I have had two sets of tires made in India and while I had zero issues with performance or treadlife, I was actually surprised by them for the price.

However they turned BROWN and I mean brown. No amount of rubber cleaner or tire dressing would make them black again.
I had a set from Thailand that did similar but not nearly as bad as the Indian tires.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25454 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Country of Origin = India...Interesting

I was looking at/considering Vredstein tires (Performance Winters) for my Volvo(s) and they were all made in Europe at the time (winter '21/'22), specifically the Netherlands, though those same tires, the Vredestein Wintrac Pro, are currently also made in Hungary according to TireRack.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8971 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I’ll keep y’all updated.

I made an account and posted on Tacoma world just so there would be more information out there. I only found a couple real reviews of the tires besides on tire rack.

You wouldn’t believe the majority of replies was how this is Chinese crap, no research, no dialogue, just instant assumptions since they aren’t one of the 3-4 popular AT tires.

Sometimes I can get irritated with this forum, most often for silly reasons, but sometimes I’m also reminded how nice it is to be here.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6351 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post