SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gym / Workout firearm >>>>>>>
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gym / Workout firearm >>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
How many of you carry while you workout and if you carry what do you carry and how ??? I carry in a kydex IWB holster when I workout and use my Keltec P32. I started carrying before the pandemic as Planet Fitness was open 24 hours and I would sometimes workout at odd hours with just a small handful of people in the gym. God Bless Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VBVAGUY,

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about a public or private gym and carrying a firearm while working out with other members in the confines of that gym?

Posts: 1452 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I carry the majority of the time I'm awake. Exceptions are made though. When I'm jogging, biking, or weight lifting all I have on me is ear buds and my fitness tracker. A pistol or anything else is too cumbersome. I guess if the ninjas choose those times to attack I will have to resort to my superior hand to hand battle techniques. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You need a DE if you are working out amongst great big muscle men.. Big Grin.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I work out most of the time at home, so concealed carry isn't an issue.

When I work out at a gym, my street clothes and carry gun go into my gym bag after changing into my gym clothes, and my gym bag stays next to me the whole time.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I work out most of the time at home, so concealed carry isn't an issue.

When I work out at a gym, my street clothes and carry gun go into my gym bag after changing into my gym clothes, and my gym bag stays next to me the whole time.

That’s smart, I’ll never trust a gym locker after what happened to my buddy recently.
A guy followed him in from the parking lot, told the guy at the desk that he left something in the locker room and was let in, picked my buddies lock and took his car keys, went out to the car and stole the wallet and racked up a big bill.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
When I still had a gym membership I did not carry on the floor. I work out at home, now, so it's no longer an issue.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Yup, exactly what I do, though I arrive at the gym already dressed for working out. My gym bag is a Maxpedition Octa Versipack. Easily keeps my wallet, keys, pistol, spare mag, liquid chalk, bar clamps, phone...all in one place and right next to me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
My workout consists of swimming, but I'm open to suggestions.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
My workout consists of swimming, but I'm open to suggestions.

Swim with your rifle. Like the SEALs do.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
You need a DE if you are working out amongst great big muscle men.. Big Grin.

Naaa, a little .22 or .25
A round in the knee, then run Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry two guns one on the left and one on the right!

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry concealed on my person. Kind of a pain, but I tried carrying it off body, and just did not feel comfortable at all doing that. A snatch and grab could easily be done, now you have to chase someone down and potentially get into a knock down drag out to try and recover your weapon. No thanks.

Tony

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Considering some of the monsters at those places I hope you bring enough gun...

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 in a Kavu Belt pack just like any other time I am not wearing a belt. It is nice and flat and hides underneath a tshirt.

I have a kydex trigger guard with a string on it the string gets looped around the belt pack strap. To draw I just unzip and a quick pull of the pistol the kydex holster pops off since the loop is connected to the strap.
I can easily rotate the back to the front, back, or either side to accommodate whatever exercise I am doing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Not the gym, but I run and work out daily with an S&W 640 in a Hill People Gear chest rig. It's not the most discrete, but it stays out of the way and lets me carry my gun, phone, wallet and keys on my body without interfering with what I'm doing.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been many years since I could run or do the gym.

The gym was easy. While the early belly bands were just above garbage, IMO, I carried Smith 37 or 38 in one with a baggy T-shirt.

Running was a little harder. My friend and I ran 4.2 miles every evening and 9.8 during the day on Saturday (just happened to be the route we took, not that we picked that distance for any particular reason).

I tried the belly band but the darned gun would try to escape and finally, I just gave up and didn't carry when running.

In colder weather (this was Fort Myers Florida, so colder is relative, I guess), I tried a garrison belt fastened over my sweat pants, with IWB, and a baggy sweat shirt.

Sadly, no joy, so just didn't carry.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small fanny pack works for me with a G43 with a trigger guard cover on it or my LCR. Works OK and does not get a second glance. A couple of years ago, I found an actual small waterproof waist pack that I used when I went to the beach. I cant recall who made it but it was more splash proof than fully waterproof.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I figure if I ever do, I'll get a weighted vest and take all the weights out, and sew a pocket in for a firearm. Hide it in plain sight, as it were.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
P365 in gym bag that by my side. Not worried about a grab and go as when I'm at the gym its relatively empty and any 'new' person will really stick out.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post