SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got in trouble at the hospital - rehab
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got in trouble at the hospital - rehab Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
So this is Monday and I dutifully appeared for rehap - wasting my time while they try to kill me. It was pretty much the usual hour and some while they moved me from torture machine to machine. And they wanted my wife to stick me again to get a blood sugar reading. OK. She was waiting in the lounge for lack of a better term.

I went and told her they wanted more blood which she happily took because she likes inflicting pain on me. So then she takes the little meter and goes to talk to the head nurse. Me, I sat there for an extended time while she yacked and yacked. But I was tired and decided I needed a nap. So I took my jacket, wadded it up like a pillow, found a suitable place on the floor and checked out.

After a while I was awakened by a nurse who screamed because I was trying to sleep. She asked if I was ok. I told her I was taking a nap. Seemed obvious to me, but I wasn't aware that rest is forbidden in a hospital zone.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"They fuck you at the drive-thru, OK?... and they never let you sleep in the hospital!!!"

-Leo Getz

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Lol I think she was worried you were going to croak on her watch. It means extra paperwork.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Next time leave a note on your forehead.

"Do NOT resuscitate DISTURB! Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Take one of the hotel door signs, and bring it with you for your visits. Should fit over your ear, LOL.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2019 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wasn't aware that rest is forbidden in a hospital zone.

That's why they wake you up five times a night to stick you with things.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Next time leave a note on your forehead.

"Do NOT resuscitate DISTURB! Wink

Or, RESTing IN PEACE. Razz

Q

Posts: 26494 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they go me, too. Waiting on the birth of a grandson. They kept checking to see if I was dead. I finally told them dead people don't fucking snore.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
<snip> I finally told them dead people don't fucking snore.

LOL

Posts: 2544 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
You have to love hospitals, you get put in and told to rest and they come in every hour and wake you up.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6493 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I often hoped to get Nurse Ratched on a traffic stop. A DUI with a blood draw would have been perfect.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.cafepress.com/+do_...ow_blanket,509226419

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Did you take a bunch of gun rugs and make a pallet like you do at the gunshow? Big Grin

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of that scene in Patton where he walks in after fussing at some disheveled GIs and trips over a man on the floor. Asks him what the hell are you doing on the floor, sleeping sir! Well, get back to it, your the only SOB that knows what he’s doing here.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
like you do at the gunshow? Big Grin

Anything 'gun' would probably scare them to death.

Two weeks ago we got caught in a lockdown on Friday. Seems some sorry SOB decided to off himself. So they had the bad guy in the ER with his car right outside. But the locals, in all their wisdom, locked the entire hospital down for hours. Power hungry.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Even better when they wake you from a deep sleep to give you a sleeping pill. Yep, welcome to military medicine.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
quote:

Even better when they wake you from a deep sleep to give you a sleeping pill. Yep, welcome to military medicine.

This doesn't just occur in military medicine, it's universal!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Get well soon, Dick and get outta there. Being hospitalized sucks.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Lol I think she was worried you were going to croak on her watch. It means extra paperwork.

Read OP to wife (retired RN, nursing home). I asked her about paper work. Her comment was it was less paper work when someone died that when they fell down.

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post