SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toilet paper positioning?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper positioning? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I’m not talking about orientation. Everybody knows that the paper comes over the top of the roll. If you are one of the behind the roll people, you can stop reading now. Because you are wrong.

What I’m asking about is where the toilet paper belongs on the wall next to the toilet. Forward of the bowl? Next to your arm? Above the seat? Level with the seat? That kind of thing. I did a little bit of googling and came up with the ADA specs on roll positioning, but that doesn’t quite seem satisfactory in the small bathrooms Mrs.BurtonRW and I have recently remodeled.

Unfortunately, the rental we are in is quite old and put together in questionable ways, so we feel that it is an unreliable model.

Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts or comments.

– Rob

P.S. - Mrs.BurtonRW welcomes any pictures of cats playing with toilet paper.

You answered the question about orientation with the last line. Cats like it over the top and down the front. They will unroll every freaking inch. I don't leave antifreeze or a box of chocolates out near dogs, either. : )

Put the roll where you can reach it sitting. I guarantee that will be good enough. PS if it's too close and becomes a grab handle, oh well. It will get ripped out of the wall unless there was a piece of 1/2" ply or bracing behind it between the studs. One of those finesse points that are highly desireable when you are picking up the dispenser that fell on your foot.

Yes, I have remodeled, and then, remodeled again. This Old House is your friend.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
A thread about where to put your shit paper in the bathroom? Ya gotta be shittin' me!! Big Grin

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
End of discussion.....

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Because of my cat, TP kept in bathroom closet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
End of discussion.....

Don't know about that...

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Because of my cat, TP kept in bathroom closet.

I had a wiener dog that could unroll a brand new TP roll without ever breaking it apart. Our cats just used to shred it. All critters just did it for fun.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's on the counter, where it's been for the last 45 years.

Hanging it up somewhere is just silly. Besides, it removes the ability to do some really good two handed wrapping action.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
So many butts, so many opinions…. Seriously, though over the top is obviously correct. As for mounting, our last home had a tiny water closet where the roll was mounter exactly where my knee would hit it/rest on it while I sat there. So I removed it completely and went with a free-standing model. (As an aside, I also installed a tiny ceiling fan in place of the light fixture which helped with comfort as well…)

I’ve stayed in several hotels where they put the holder in an impossible-to-reach place (old fat guy with back problems) so I would just take it off and put it on the counter during my stay. Then the maid would put it back; sort of a game we played. Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
My guess is that the OP has never owned a cat.
I have 5 cats, which is why the bathroom door is always closed when I'm not in it.

Kind of OT, but I'll bet I'm the only one here with one of these: DSC_6398 by David Casteel, on Flickr
DSC_6399 by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post