SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, we are gypsies now!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, we are gypsies now! Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
Wife and I have a firm cash offer on the house to close on Dec 31st pending inspection tuesday. We don't move back to Alaska until May so we needed a place to stay until then. Cue the toy hauler.

36 feet for 2 adults, a 6 month old, and three mutts. I will need beer for this adventure. Razz

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Beer takes up too much room, time for whiskey.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hey, at least it's only until May. You can suck up a lot for just 5.5 months. Good luck!

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
5+ months in a trailer with an infant?

Screw whiskey, look at prescription drugs!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:

36 feet for 2 adults, a 6 month old, and three mutts. I will need beer for this adventure. Razz

Nice!

Looks like adventure awaits. Leave the beer out of it and enjoy life as it presents itself.

Hopefully you guys can think of it as a good camping trip. My gal thinks that camping for the weekend involves a Holiday Inn.

That and you can't really be a gypsy unless you are from Egypt...

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I'm basing my retirement on your 5 month plan. LOL Have fun, and I (at least) hope for pictures and reports of your gypsy-ness. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16191 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like you're moving, with a vengeance.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Looks like you're moving, with a vengeance.

My joke lately is Vengeance is mine!

This is a 2013 model and Im finding a few small leaks/issues but we didn’t do horrible for $27K with gooseneck adapter, Good sam 2 year warranty and the size unit it is.

I have a few weeks to do some work to it before we start full timing at the campground on post.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should be able to get some temporary lodging on post, if your unit is as useless as mine was go talk to housing

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
You should be able to get some temporary lodging on post, if your unit is as useless as mine was go talk to housing

If that’s what I wanted to do, I would have already. Wink

We decided fuck moving 3 times in 6 months and we have too many dogs to get on post housing regardless. Last thing I want is to deal with Campbell Crossing and have them jack up our pay like they do all too often for just a few months. We start PCS leave in April and ahe goes to her moms in FL while I drive our stuff north witg my brothers, so just over 3 months in a camper is doable.

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Hey, you're ready to move in to Wasilla with that rig...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11784 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that. I've PCS'ed nine times in 16 years and will do it again next summer. You're braver than I am, I would have gotten an apartment in Clarksville if I were you.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the adventure been doing it coming up on 5 yrs now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
Good luck with that. I've PCS'ed nine times in 16 years and will do it again next summer. You're braver than I am, I would have gotten an apartment in Clarksville if I were you.

I had to do the DITY from Alaska to Florida solo when the ex wife was in AIT in 2015. Just glad this time I have help driving back up. Ive made the trip 12 times now.

Did not want the hastle of getting pet deposits and moving in just to move out 3 months later.

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
We've cruised with an infant on a sailboat with far less square footage than your Vengeance.

My money is on you having a BALL!!
Enjoy the fun!!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We decided fuck moving 3 times in 6 months and we have too many dogs to get on post housing regardless. Last thing I want is to deal with Campbell Crossing and have them jack up our pay like they do all too often for just a few months. We start PCS leave in April and ahe goes to her moms in FL while I drive our stuff north witg my brothers, so just over 3 months in a camper is doable.

Where are you going, Fort Rich? I loved at Elmendorf AFB for 7 years when I was a kid. We drove from Ohio to Washington then took a plane the rest of the way. When my dad got out we just drove the whole way back. The drive sucks either way, but at least it’s pretty. I tried to get stationed there when I was in but went to Germany instead.. I miss Alaska

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! My wife and I just got a 24' Jayco earlier this year and love it. If you haven't already seen them, they make some screen room attachments for the ramp area which could give you some more living area, especially with three dogs.

Posts: 1363 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Zac look up https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/

We host several people each year either going or coming from Florida as the Snowbirds escape the winter.

Pretty cheap way to stay for a night or two when you decide to travel back up to AK.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where are you going, Fort Rich? I loved at Elmendorf AFB for 7 years when I was a kid. We drove from Ohio to Washington then took a plane the rest of the way. When my dad got out we just drove the whole way back. The drive sucks either way, but at least it’s pretty. I tried to get stationed there when I was in but went to Germany instead.. I miss Alaska

Fort Wainwright in Fairbanks. I still have a truck, cabin and lots of stuff there. It will be a welcome homecoming.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Fort Wainwright in Fairbanks. I still have a truck, cabin and lots of stuff there. It will be a welcome homecoming.

Nice, enjoy! One of my regrets is not buying a house and keeping it as a rental all these years when I was stationed at Wainwright in the late 90's-early 2000's. Dum... Roll Eyes

Wife and I dove up the Alcan in December towing a u-haul trailer will all our stuff as newlyweds. It was a great adventure!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post