SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My father passed away this morning
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My father passed away this morning Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
We knew it was coming soon and were praying it wouldn't be until after Thanksgiving. He had been suffering for the last few months so it is a blessing, but still a shock. I spent a significant part of yesterday sorting over pictures for a video collage. Some very good memories in them.

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss but glad his suffering has ended.

Posts: 7368 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences to you and your family

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear that. My condolences.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38699 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this. Even though it was expected, you can never be totally prepared for when it happens. Those old pictures and videos will now become family treasures and are worth any effort to preserve. I pray you find peace and comfort in the coming days.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Peace be with you.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers out.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family and I am sorry for your loss.

Posts: 218 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My condolences, BB61.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss, and can unfortunately identify with you very well. I just lost my dad back in June, so it's still fresh for me.

The loss comes in waves, with some days being way better and other days you feel like you have to swim up for air.

I will pray that your memories sustain you, along with the fact that he no longer suffers.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences to you and your family, BB61

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
my condolences to you and your family.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

I lost my dad 2 months ago.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3489 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to read this. There's a definite void left by our dads when they pass on. It's like being alone in a very strange way.

My condolences.

Posts: 5150 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry, our prayers and condolences.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16109 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loading the wagon
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 272 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. My dad pass a few years ago and had a hard time adjusting. Time passing and good memories help.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post