SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "We need to do that thing, everyday, that we've been doing every day when we do it, and we're doing it, we're doing it. Every day- that thing, I mean.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"We need to do that thing, everyday, that we've been doing every day when we do it, and we're doing it, we're doing it. Every day- that thing, I mean. Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Is that crazy woman the reincarnate of Hillary or what? Even her voice is just as irritating.

They aren’t in the same league except for possibly auditory irritation. Clinton is far more intelligent, cunning and well informed and an accomplished schemer. Whorris is about as cunning as a summer squash.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
You're probably right but watching her doing everything but answer the questions sure reminded me of Hillary.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hvactech:
Ignorant citizens elect ignorant leaders. It's as simple as that. - George Carlin

Bingo. It's that simple really.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Is that crazy woman the reincarnate of Hillary or what? Even her voice is just as irritating.

They aren’t in the same league except for possibly auditory irritation. Clinton is far more intelligent, cunning and well informed and an accomplished schemer. Whorris is about as cunning as a summer squash.

Accurate summary. Clinton will do anything for a few cool million, KH will do it for less. I've heard between 4 and 5 dollars.

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jesus, that's it. Jimmy Dore said it in this clip- "At least she's not laughing."

That's it! For her 'revamped image', they got her to stop cackling! And now, her shield of the inappropriate laughter is gone, and she has to actually try to speak, so this is why we get the ridiculous word salad. That's it. I hadn't noticed it before, but this annoying, shallow, vacuous misanthrope has stopped cackling and giving that shuck-and-jive bullshit. She even smiles less. She's trying to be something she is not, rather than being the nothing she is.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
After the "I am Speaking" incident with Pence during the debates, I thought she'd go a different (even worse) direction, and act like a monarch every single day.

But she found out that the job isn't as easy as it looks and now that she has to provide real answers, she can't.

Seems it was much easier for her to criticize others, as opposed to actually contribute solutions.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or as Porky Pig would say, Dablea,Dablea,Dablea,that’s all folks.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Given the VP possible nominees, back then, one must wonder why those in power chose KH as JB VP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._candidate_selection

With the incredibly obvious better performances of the women considered, what about KH made her the choice? It cannot be her ancestry locations, alone, as there were others from alternate locations. The only finalist with true executive experience was passed over for KH?

I still think this is a long long process, and that KH will be replaced after the mid-terms. At that point, the next POTUS candidate will become VP. Then, in time, the present POTUS will become non-essential, and the VP will take the reins. 2024 arrives, and the new POTUS is the incumbent.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ I see no good choices in that wikipedia article. And some which are worse. Seriously, the fake 1/1024 Indian? no way.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
IMO, KH was chosen because she checked all the right boxes, and she was so incompetent that she made Biden seem a lot better.

Replacing a VP is a messy process--not something easily done.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
KH will be replaced after the mid-terms.

And that will happen—how? Confused

Are you aware that the Vice President is an elected official whose term of office is four years?
Yes, removal of the VP would be a “messy” process because it would require impeachment by the House of Representatives and conviction by the Senate for the reasons specified in the Constitution, including “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
KH will be replaced after the mid-terms.

And that will happen—how? Confused

Are you aware that the Vice President is an elected official whose term of office is four years?
Yes, removal of the VP would be a “messy” process because it would require impeachment by the House of Representatives and conviction by the Senate for the reasons specified in the Constitution, including “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

Or, someone could sit her down and say, "You're gonna resign this week. Yes, we need for you to resign. We're taking things in a different direction."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
With my tongue firmly in cheek, I note that there's already a vacancy in the office, all that's needed is the removal of the physical presence. Best guess, the gray men will just give her the second booster, cart her out ankles first, and Sniffy Joe will nominate a new VP.

This is where things get interesting, however. Under the 25th Amendment, the replacement VP must be confirmed by a majority of BOTH houses of congress. If Kamala isn't VP, then the Dems don't have a majority in the Senate. After the midterms, the Dems probably don't have a majority in either house of Congress.

Just exactly who are they going to appoint before the end of 2022 that Mitch is going to confirm? Even worse for them, who are they going to appoint after the mid-terms that both houses would pass?

No, if they successfully kick her out, Biden's presumed successor will not be the acting VP. Someone who can be confirmed will be the person who is picked. Maybe a Joe Manchin? Maybe a moderate Democrat former governor? Who knows, but it won't be someone in a position to contend in 2024. Either Biden will need to run in 2024, or the Dems will have to have a contested primary if Joe declines to run.

This entire situation is so totally FULL OF WIN that Republicans are going to end up laughing the Kamala Cackle from sheer joy.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I think we have a new quotable quote from Para's above post:

"She's trying to be something she is not, rather than being the nothing she is."

It reminded me that her talents are up to snuff with anyone and everyone on the biden team.

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:The answers she gives are on a special level of stupid to even think her answer makes sense. "So what? I've never been to Europe either."

Now that, to me, is a real frightener. The stand-by leader of the Free World, Bastion of Democracy and Shining example to just about everybody else on this big blue ball admits to never having been to Europe.

Just, well, WOW!!

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
^^^ I see no good choices in that wikipedia article. And some which are worse. Seriously, the fake 1/1024 Indian? no way.

Well, I've got some African blood in me. True, I don't zackly look black, being a freckly-faced redhead [well, red-head in former years]. I suppose that that claim would earn me at least part of a black vote, even here in UK, if I were to go into the political ring.

Trouble is, my blackity-ness is pretty much thinned out by the passing of around 750,000 years, but it's there, I S**t you not.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:The answers she gives are on a special level of stupid to even think her answer makes sense. "So what? I've never been to Europe either."

Now that, to me, is a real frightener. The stand-by leader of the Free World, Bastion of Democracy and Shining example to just about everybody else on this big blue ball admits to never having been to Europe.

Just, well, WOW!!

The context is that was her response after being pointed out that she hasn't been to the border even after she was appointed to be the border czar. She thought that was a logical response; it's not about whether she should have ever been to Europe.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
A mule in horses' harness. As my father would say.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Or, someone could sit her down and say, "You're gonna resign this week. Yes, we need for you to resign. We're taking things in a different direction."

At which point she tells them to get stuffed. There's no reason for her to go quietly at all, and if she goes quietly now then there will always be Dems who expect her to go quietly in the future. She's dead in Dem politics if she develops a reputation as someone who isn't willing to fight for herself because if she won't fight for herself then she can't be expected to "fight" for her constituency.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
the DNC figured out how to manipulate at a level previously unrecognized:

"When Spiro Agnew resigned, House Minority Leader Gerald Ford was nominated by President Nixon to fill the vacant vice president office. He was confirmed by the Senate on November 27, 1973, and by the Senate on December 6. He was the first person to become vice president under the provisions of the 25th Amendment, which was ratified in 1967.

Eight months later, facing a sure impeachment and conviction, Richard Nixon resigned as president, making Gerald Ford the 38th president, and the only person to become president without ever being elected vice president or president.

President Ford nominated Nelson Rockefeller"....

we had both VP & Prez at the same time, neither of which were elected by popular vote.

While there may have been some form of legitimate legal pressure on Agnew, I wonder what the REAL story of his 'resignation' was.

[quote from a lost internet site]

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post