SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vaccine Mandate Lawsuits...it has begun.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Mandate Lawsuits...it has begun. Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Judge Blocks United Airlines' Vaccine Mandate

Exclusive — Federal Judge Blocks United Airlines From Imposing Employee Vaccine Mandate

A federal judge in Texas issued a temporary restraining order (TRO) against United Airlines on Wednesday, blocking the airline from imposing a vaccine mandate against any of its employees in a nationwide class-action lawsuit.

According to the judicial order, which could be the first of its kind in the country against a coronavirus vaccine mandate, United Airlines is prohibited from placing employees with religious and medical exemptions on unpaid leave until October 26 while litigation continues. The judge also prohibited the airline from denying any employee requests for religious or medical exemptions. Previously, the airline did not allow employees to apply for an exemption after August 31.
[/snip]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good news!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That does not seem like it goes near far enough. Why not ban it on the grounds that it is a free country and free people can and should decide for themselves what they are or are not willing put in their bodies. That seems like a good place to start.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Good work!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Seems to me a wise company would pretty much rubber stamp all applications for exemptions to avoid lawsuits.

Simply require the vaccine based on the threat of losing government contracts, but accept all applications for vaccine mandate exemptions to keep employees and avoid lawsuits.

A bit risky for companies to take on defining what constitutes a sincerely held religious believe.
What benefit is there for a company to deny applications for exemptions?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Texas, I'd expect that in a Free State.

Now let's see what happens in enemy territory like California, New York and Illinois...

Meanwhile here in the Land of Lincoln, Gov fatass is trying to "close loopholes".

https://abc7chicago.com/illino...der-police/11113439/

"No one ever contemplated that this would be used in a fashion where an individual would be able to opt out of care, of a service, and then collect protection under the right of conscience," said Ed Yohnka, ACLU of Illinois.

Sorry Eddie, it's situations exactly like this, is WHY that law was created.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep congrats. This is good news, at least for now. I bet the CEO of United, the boot licking sycophant he is, isn't happy right now. Hopefully this judge and case will make his life absolutely miserable.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect one or more of these cases will go to SCOTUS as a priority, but that still takes time...

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://abc7chicago.com/illino...der-police/11113439/

"No one ever contemplated that this would be used in a fashion where an individual would be able to opt out of care, of a service, and then collect protection under the right of conscience," said Ed Yohnka, ACLU of Illinois.
Telepath? Clairvoyant? Must be, since he knows what was contemplated by the lawmakers.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Hopefully this judge and case will make his life absolutely miserable.
God will deal with those that need dealing with in His due time. I don't wish ill on the man. I just want to go to work, do the job I, and everyone else, LOVE to do, come home, shower, do the wife or the girlfriend, and go have a nice steak dinner. That's all...life is simple.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
That does not seem like it goes near far enough. Why not ban it on the grounds that it is a free country and free people can and should decide for themselves what they are or are not willing put in their bodies. That seems like a good place to start.

+1 on this. You should not have to file for a medical or religious exemption. The company can accept the exemption application, then deny it once it's submitted.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
My exemption was signed in 1785.... I am a federal employee, and have been told I have until a certain date to get the shot (date differs depending on which shot)....

Since this is against the Constitution I will not be in compliance.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law works for Boeing, and only continues to work because he can work from home and Boeing must consider him essential (he works on the C-17 project), and there is no one to replace him. I'm pretty sure he will refuse the vaccine because he's very strong-willed.
We'll see what happens.

The vaccine mandates are coming around just as the delta wave of COVID-19 is dying off. In CA there are cases but almost no deaths at all, and mortality rate has been very low with delta anyway.

With all the people involved digging in their heels, it's hard to see us coming out of this well.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
With all the people involved digging in their heels, it's hard to see us coming out of this well.

I think it depends on what you mean by "coming out of this well". I'm glad to finally see some real push-back against these commies.
Going along to get along is always easier but it only makes things worse... just gradually.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Awesome news - thank you Cool

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Going along to get along is always easier but it only makes things worse...just gradually.

As some old cracker or another once said: "Going along to get along is fine, but where are you going and what are you getting?"

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I would like to be optimistic about a positive outcome. I believe some small battles will be won.
In the big picture, I don't believe these criminals have come this far to let rogue Judges stand in their way. I have ZERO faith in the Supreme Court.

I hope everything works out for you erj_pilot.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Seems to me a wise company would pretty much rubber stamp all applications for exemptions to avoid lawsuits.

Simply require the vaccine based on the threat of losing government contracts, but accept all applications for vaccine mandate exemptions to keep employees and avoid lawsuits.

A bit risky for companies to take on defining what constitutes a sincerely held religious believe.
What benefit is there for a company to deny applications for exemptions?

Same ideology that preaches wokeness, diversity, compliance, CRT.

Its the company HR leaders, who also have woke boards and CEO's, who feel they know what's best for people.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Federal Judge Blocks ‘Unconstitutional’ Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate for Medical Workers in State of New York

A federal judge has issued a preliminary injunction against the State of New York’s enforcement of a vaccine mandate that threatens the mass firings of thousands of health workers and public servants.

The court ruling was announced by the Thomas More Society, which is defending a group of 17 health care workers who object to New York State’s vaccine mandate on religious grounds. Judge David Hurd granted their request for an injunction, which stops the state from enforcing the policy, on equal protection and First Amendment grounds.

“Since its ratification in 1791, the First Amendment has protected religious practitioners from government action that ‘discriminates against some or all religious beliefs or regulates or prohibits conduct because it is undertaken for religious reasons,” the judge’s ruling states. “And since Congress amended the statute in 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has explicitly required most employers to reasonably accommodate an employee’s religious beliefs absent evidence that doing so would pose an undue hardship.”

“Upon review, plaintiffs have established at this early stage of the litigation that they are likely to succeed on the merits of this constitutional claim,” the judge continued.

“There is no adequate explanation from defendants about why the ‘reasonable accommodation’ that must be extended to a medically exempt health care worker under 2.61 could not similarly be extended to a healthcare worker with a sincere religious objection,” Judge Hurd also wrote.

Christopher Ferrara of the Thomas More Society, which is representing the medical workers, hailed the judge’s decision.

“With this decision the court rightly recognized that yesterday’s ‘front line heroes’ in dealing with COVID cannot suddenly be treated as disease-carrying villains and kicked to the curb by the command of a state health bureaucracy,” ,” Ferrara said. “Some of these plaintiffs contracted COVID while treating patients, recovered, and were allowed to return to work with the same protective measures that were good enough for the 18 months that they were the heroes in the battle against the virus. There is no ‘science’ to show that these same measures are suddenly inadequate – especially when they are allowed for those with medical exemptions.”

New York Governor Kathy Hochul says that the state will appeal the decision.

“My responsibility as governor is to protect the people of this state, and requiring health care workers to get vaccinated accomplishes that,” Ms. Hochul said. “I stand behind this mandate, and I will fight this decision in court to keep New Yorkers safe.”

“The ruling provides a test case as vaccine mandate opponents gear up to fight plans by President Joe Biden’s administration to extend COVID-19 inoculation requirements to tens of millions of unvaccinated Americans,”

https://eadn-wc01-1479010.nxed...TING-PI-10-12-21.pdf

https://patriotalerts.com/2021...n-state-of-new-york/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Just waiting for those that think that they know what is best for everybody else and they keep pushing this mandate to the point of threat and actual withholding of federal funds to those that do not follow their guidelines.. Don"t think this cannot happen because they have pulled this tactic in the past. Threaten to cut off funds if you do not follow be you a individual / company / public entity / state.. ....................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post