SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vaccine Mandate Lawsuits...it has begun.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Mandate Lawsuits...it has begun. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
There's another one on the way - Chicago Police Department. The head of the police department union told officers to ignore the Friday deadline to get the shot. The city's threatening to put holdouts on "no pay" status, and the police union is preparing a lawsuit against the City of Chicago.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/chic...tells-205300781.html

This one is getting ugly.
In a nutshell, mayor says ALL city employees must submit their vaccination status to the city.

Many employees aren't doing it and telling her to fuck off. lori just loathes the police, and are singling us out over this shit, because "it's da polices fault!"
Small mention that she's giving all other employees an extra personal day, but not those asshole police. Then she kinda figured it out that it was somewhat discriminatory to do for some and not for one...
No mention that the School Teachers don't have to comply, and are going to be given free testing in the schools.

On to the Police-
If you don't submit your status via a city website, you're going to be put on a list. Sometime when the list is compiled, those that didn't submit will be given a direct order, and instructions on how to submit your status.

That's where they're going to fuck us. In CPD's rules, it's up to 30 days pending separation (fired) for "failure to follow a direct order".

Basically, the Commander of my District is going to give the Lieutenants a direct order, the Lt's are going to give me and the rest of the Sergeants a direct order, and the Sgt ps are going to order the Officers & Detectives.

A few statements from the mayors office to the Police Unions were-
She's prepared to fire AT LEAST 1000 to get her point across.
Remember what happened to the Air Traffic Controllers back in the 80's? Don't think it won't happen to you!

On the flip side of the coin, I don't see 1000 people lined up to take this job. National Guard can't do it, and I'm pretty damn sure the FBI/DOJ can't figure out a ghetto domestic, or are willing to walk into a roach infested project apartment. (And will probably take the elevator to the 8th floor instead of the stairs, like you're supposed to)

That twat of a mayor filled a gag order against the president of the FOP (Police Officers Union), stating that he was promoting a work stoppage, where the mayor is the one threatening a lock out.

It's a shit-show over here...
Oh, look... Crime rate is still as high as an Eagles Ass.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I think we might actually see someone sue City Hall!!! Would make my Harry Callahan day!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
This whole thing will end up at SCOTUS and I personally am looking forward to it as I've grown tired of all the hype from both sides of the argument.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have little hope that the ‘Supremes’ will do the right thing

They’ve not exactly been helping conservatives preserve the country for the past five years.

Why start now? Seems awfully out of character for them

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The "big argument" is Corporate Rights vs. Individual Rights. I gotta say, like you, nhtagmember, my faith in SCOTUS is waning, but this country WAS founded on INDIVIDUAL Liberty. I hope they can at least agree with us on that point...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
This government work around has been going on for decades, at the very least since the 1980s. The government isn’t allowed to pass certain laws, because they are unconstitutional per the US Supreme Court. What the government does instead is force private companies to do the exact same thing, since private companies have latitude to do things the government is prohibited from doing. Now I believe that the US Supreme Court has ruled in the past that the government can’t do this, but no one challenges companies or the government over this, so it keeps going on.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
This whole thing will end up at SCOTUS and I personally am looking forward to it as I've grown tired of all the hype from both sides of the argument.

Please explain 'all the hype' from the side that's been the target of the mandates that you've grown tired of. You know, those whose individual freedoms and liberty are being trampled upon by tyrants, and threatened with loss their livelihoods! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^
I think we might actually see someone sue City Hall!!! Would make my Harry Callahan day!!!!

Lawsuits have already been filed.
Fire Dept union basically caved. Buckled like a belt. There's a few thousand Firemen that aren't happy at all, there's a lot of paramedics and firemen of variety ranks that are probably going to file a lawsuit on their own, as the union doesn't "represent" them.
Mayor is figuring out how to have their EMT/paramedics licenses revoked through the Dept of Health.

You want to see "Tyranny"? Look no further than that sawed off bitch of a mayor Chicago has.

Again, this isn't about "health", it's all about power and control.
Setting an example for "health", according to them wouldn't be posing for a picture without your mask in a crowded venue, like at a women's basketball game... Like the mayor did.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Lawsuits have already been filed.
Fire Dept union basically caved. Buckled like a belt. There's a few thousand Firemen that aren't happy at all, there's a lot of paramedics and firemen of variety ranks that are probably going to file a lawsuit on their own, as the union doesn't "represent" them.
Mayor is figuring out how to have their EMT/paramedics licenses revoked through the Dept of Health.

You want to see "Tyranny"? Look no further than that sawed off bitch of a mayor Chicago has.

Again, this isn't about "health", it's all about power and control.
Setting an example for "health", according to them wouldn't be posing for a picture without your mask in a crowded venue, like at a women's basketball game... Like the mayor did.
What is the possibility of all the officers who are fighting the mandate to quit, form an LLC for a Security Company, and then contract with the city to provide protective security where the CPD fails after 40% of the force leaves???

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ They'd do so at one hell of a civil liability risk.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the possibility of all the officers who are fighting the mandate to quit, form an LLC for a Security Company, and then contract with the city to provide protective security where the CPD fails after 40% of the force leaves???

No possibility. That would require admission, by Democrats, that government can't provide services as efficiently as private industry.
Having said that, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bossman

Consider deleting this post and sending him a private email instead of putting him on the spot publicly.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My opinion only, but if Illinois/Chicago brings in the National Guard to supplement the massive loss of their police officer corpse, it's just a matter of time before Marshall Law is declared. Tiny steps, y'all...tiny steps. That's what the effing Libtards and Leftist Progressives do...

quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Consider deleting this post and sending him a private email instead of putting him on the spot publicly.
I will, but did that before with no response. Used the e-mail in his profile...

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
My opinion only, but if Illinois/Chicago brings in the National Guard to supplement the massive loss of their police officer corpse, it's just a matter of time before Marshall Law is declared. Tiny steps, y'all...tiny steps. That's what the effing Libtards and Leftist Progressives do...

Let’s go Brandon… For reals - the quicker the better. Bring it on Chicago/deep crooked pols

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Employees at Los Alamos National Lab. (LNAL) filed a lawsuit against the vaccine. Last friday NM circuit judge shot it down.

LANL said employees must have vaccine or would be on unpaid leave. If an employee claims a religious excemption that employee would be placed.
on unpaid leave.

https://www.lcsun-news.com/sto...ht-covid/8469990002/

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
IMO, every step down that path further destroys the Dem's and their party. There's no defending who destroyed the city at that point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting background noise: a lot of people are going on strike during what the MSM is apparently calling "strikeTober". What's reported is that

quote:
Workers in a wide range of industries - from breakfast cereal manufacturing to whiskey distilling to home health care to coal mining - have walked out in recent months....

"The pandemic pushed a lot of buttons for people," Todd Vachon, a labor expert at Rutgers University told Yahoo News. "We saw a lot of unrest around workplace safety and even nonunion workers walking off the job and organizing in ways we haven't seen in a long time."...But labor activists say insurance and stimulus payments gave Americans a chance to assess their situations.

Full original text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/stri...runch-202634154.html

Being me, I kinda wonder how this affects airline employees and others resisting mandated vaccines. On the one hand, if everyone is on strike then what people at airlines do kinda fades into the background noise as far as the media is concerned. That could, theoretically, be a way to downplay the degree to which vaccine mandates are generating resistance.

OTOH, if everyone's on strike then that may add pressure on the airlines to accommodate pilots and others just to take variables out of their corporations' finances. It also makes accommodating pilots and others more important to the government just to stabilize the economy - or at least mitigate the public's and market's perception that the economy is going to hell in a handbasket.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
“Speaking during an interview with Fox News Monday afternoon, former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield said that more than 40 percent of people who have recently died from Wuhan coronavirus in Maryland were fully vaccinated. . .”Link

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
A perfect example of satire that is frighteningly predictive. Not one thing in the video is outside the realm of possibility, and some are coming true as we watch.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post