SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Consider This About The USPS for a Second...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Consider This About The USPS for a Second... Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
You drop off a priority mail and given a date of five days later for a location five hours away. You track the package and note; the package spent two days going the wrong direction and returning to the place of misdirection. Both buyer and seller confirm data entered into the bar tracking system was correct.

What long range plan do you initiate?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Wait. It will most likely get there eventually.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have shipped to a location not very far as well and the package sat at the first facility for three day before moving to the next location. Prime example of the inefficient nature of our government.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
You drop off a priority mail and given a date of five days later for a location five hours away. You track the package and note; the package spent two days going the wrong direction and returning to the place of misdirection. Both buyer and seller confirm data entered into the bar tracking system was correct.

I ship a bit via priority mail and situations like yours are happening much more frequently. I have 3 different packages missing or stuck in various post offices right now from last month. All you can do is wait and file a claim if it doesn't show up.

Posts: 300 | Location: Canyon Lake, TX | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Brought to you by the same folks who want to be in charge of your health care.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad we can at least trust them with our ballots!!

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Don’t get me started. I ordered my wife something jewelry related. Shipped from Rapid City ten days ago.
Rapid City
Phoenix
Cottonwood (shipped to work, should be final destination)
Phoenix
Tucson
Phoenix
Cottonwood
Phoenix
Yuma
Phoenix
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered by the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

My package could have been delivered 7 days ago, when it was less than a mile from my house you fuckmuppets.

It was at its final destination a fucking week ago, you incompetent shitgibbons. Fuck you USPS.

Sell those retards to UPS so our packages will arrive in a semi-reasonable amount of time.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I've quit using Priority mail completely with their terrible service and increased rates. UPS and FedEx ground are literally only a couple of bucks more - AND - the package arrives in a timely manner. That $1.71 in savings isn't worth the headache.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
3 choices (combos OK too):
  • Track down whomever prayed for you to learn patience, and pray for them to learn chastity Big Grin
  • A liberal application of lube. You're fucked as it's an unaccountable unionized government entity.
  • Take your motion sickness medicine because you're in for a roller coaster. I had a package that made it from China to San Fran to Houston processing (~10 miles from my house) in 4 days. Then, the roller coaster began and each step below is 1 to 2 days. Houston --> dyslexic version of my zip code which is about 90 miles away --> Houston --> correct zip code post office --> Houston --> correct zip code post office --> Houston --> Chicago --> China.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    1. Stop using USPS

2. For gosh sakes, if you do use it, don't use tracking. It elevates the blood pressure.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too soon old,
    too late smart
    posted Hide Post
    I just wish the carrier would close the mailbox on rainy days.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I had a package sit less than 3 miles from my house for about a week. It eventually showed up.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Had the same problem. Put a nice note on the mailbox with a Smiley face. That shit works!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Ha, this is quite timely thread. Just went through this BS. We let a employee go and I had our accountant do the last payroll as a check and send to me to sign. They sent it USPS Priority Mail - 1 Day service on 11/23. It arrived my location on 12/3, just 10 days later. Oh my accountant, according to Googley Maps, is only 12.8 miles from door to door.

I just pulled the envelope out of my trash and tracked it just out of curiosity. Figured it had gone to Cleveland or Schenectady, or some other shit. Nope it is still tracking as of Nov. 29th.

"November 29, 2020
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

What a fk'n joke we have played on ourselves. Needless to say, couriers for important items from now on, and UPS/FedEx for the rest.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Might be a good place for this: Smile

"I paid $110 for PRIORITY and it took EIGHT DAYS to get my parcel from downtown San Francisco to the San Francisco airport, a distance of 14.8 miles.

A turtle could have done that in four days. Seriously, I looked it up. An ordinary box turtle cruises 0.17 mph; it could make it from the Rincon Center post office to the cargo terminal of SFO in 87 hours. The United States Post Service took 179 hours to make the same trip.

And I had to wait in line at the post office. There is no line at the turtle store. I could have popped in, bought a turtle, strapped the parcel to its shell, and it would have gotten there in less than half the time.

Can I get a refund here? A partial refund? A complimentary box of turtle food? Anything?"

https://www.esquire.com/news-p...ps-complaint-letter/

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Only the strong survive
    Picture of 41
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sportshooter:

Don't complain or he will always leave it open. Mad

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    A turtle could have done that in four days. Seriously, I looked it up. An ordinary box turtle cruises 0.17 mph; it could make it from the Rincon Center post office to the cargo terminal of SFO in 87 hours. The United States Post Service took 179 hours to make the same trip.

^^^^^^^^^^
    There was a cartoon that displayed the new stamp with a turtle on it and the counter at the USPS with slumped over workers each having a Next Window sign in front of them. Someone posted it at the bulletin board that used to exist at the post office.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of az4783054
    posted Hide Post
    In our northern AZ community, if I send something through the USPS service to somewhere within our community: the envelope goes to our local hub, then to a larger regional Phoenix hub, then comes back to our local hub, then to the USPS branch which delivers to the zip code where it's going. That's at least two days back and forth.

I asked why it takes so long and this is what I was told by the local hub postmaster. Not very efficient.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    No, not like
    Bill Clinton
    Picture of BigSwede
    posted Hide Post
    If you want something shipped for free via a refund, send something guaranteed next day with USPS. Works every time

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I shipped an item via priority mail a month ago, sat in the Denver distro center for 2 weeks, took 3 weeks for the recipient to get his package.

This week I shipped a package via Fedex ground, paid $11, scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post