SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick fil a in the morning..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick fil a in the morning.. Login/Join 
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I usually order my Deluxe combo when I go in the morning. It just takes a few extra minutes. But worth it!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2846 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I find CFA's sandwiches just so so. Nothing special that makes me want to go back. In fact, my taste buds say Jack's Spicy Chicken Sandwich is a little better.

Q

Posts: 26552 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
On Saturdays back in the mid 70's my mom would let us take the bus to the skate park near the Springfield Mall in northern Virginia. Afterwards we'd go to either the Chik Fil A in the mall or the Arthur Treachers near the skate park. Love Chik Fil A, miss Arthur Treachers.

Ok, that's all I have to add.

I didn't realize they had been around that long.
I worked in that area from 1968 thru 1972.

On November 24, 1967, Truett Cathy altered the “fast food” landscape forever when the first Chick-fil-A® restaurant opened in Atlanta’s Greenbriar Mall, an idea as original as his Chicken Sandwich.

At the time, the concept of a shopping mall restaurant was groundbreaking, fitting for this mall in particular, as it was one of the first indoor malls in the Southeast. And while the restaurant itself was not very large, just 384 square feet (roughly the size of a two-car garage), it had a monumental impact.
At the time, the concept of a shopping mall restaurant was groundbreaking, fitting for this mall in particular, as it was one of the first indoor malls in the Southeast. And while the restaurant itself was not very large, just 384 square feet (roughly the size of a two-car garage), it had a monumental impact.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/st...-as-first-restaurant
Wow, in the beginning the original chicken sandwich was a mere .59 cents.

Posts: 17924 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I find CFA's sandwiches just so so. Nothing special that makes me want to go back. In fact, my taste buds say Jack's Spicy Chicken Sandwich is a little better.
That tender chicken on a perfect biscuit, with a little salt and honey is so perfect. I am talking at breakfast time. Never mind Q, I will just eat one for you.. Big Grin

Posts: 17924 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I'm a Bacon, cheese egg biscuit guy in the AM. I like the McDonalds offering as well. When I was still working, Friday was my "let it all go" day. We had a Chick Fil a and a McDonalds across the street from each other and I alternated. If the traffic light favored going to one or the other, that's where I went.

I Don't get out much around breakfast time anymore. Frown

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
Chick-fil-A sandwiches were the lunch offering at my high school every Tuesday. They were only $1.75 ea. for us and I would always get 2-3. We had it good.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

We joke the one by my house, you could literally build one right next to it and they would both make money. There is always a line

Rangeline road, Joplin, MO. Three Chick-fil-A locations in about a two mile stretch.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
The Chick Fil A chicken, egg, and cheese biscuit is delicious! Get cardiac clearance first though!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Their chicken burritos and chicken minis (on Sister Schuberts rolls) are the bees knees. Their salsa tastes like raw sewage, though. Their yogurt is great, too.

Their chicken sandwiches are great if they're fresh.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6072 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
In Northern California, we had heard about CFA, but there weren't any here. Finally it was announced that they were opening one in Walnut Creek - the same city where my son attended high school. So, he got his first job there, and was a member of the original staff. In no time at all, he was promoted several times. He worked hard, and remembers those times very fondly.

His mother and I frequented the restaurant several times. As others in this thread have stated, we were incredibly impressed. Yes - it's fast food in the sense that you get your food fast. But, in every other regard, it's not "fast food" at all.

I had just finished signing all the paperwork at the dealership in Sunnyvale for my new truck and I was starving. I drove down the block and went in to the newly opened CFA with my friend who had joined me. Food was fast, tasty and my friend who's a lefty but, wasn't aware of the Cathy family political leanings, was even more impressed that the staff went and took care of the mother with two kids, not to mention the place was remarkably clean for a fast-food place.

We took our time and realized that CFA isn't like most fast food places, the franchise owner was a Korean guy, family and community oriented and was quite proud not only to be a franchisee but, everyone working there was pleasant if not happy. Ownership gave a shit about management, management empowered and trusted their staff, and the staff hustled...what a place.
In n'Out and CFA are a cut-above the rest when it comes of the fast food category. They don't serve a lot but, what they do, they do well.

Posts: 14714 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I am going back over Monday morning, yes I am.. Cool I will get 2 more chicken on a biscuit. It's calling to me already.