SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick fil a in the morning..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick fil a in the morning.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'll set my alarm for 5:00. I got a date with a chicken biscuit sandwich. Another Saturday I will drive up to Perkins Pancake House. That is a more traditional breakfast. All good, lets eat.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
On Saturdays back in the mid 70's my mom would let us take the bus to the skate park near the Springfield Mall in northern Virginia. Afterwards we'd go to either the Chik Fil A in the mall or the Arthur Treachers near the skate park. Love Chik Fil A, miss Arthur Treachers.

Ok, that's all I have to add.

Posts: 1996 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Go there often. We have one restaurant a five minute drive from our house. Great staff, great food.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have many frequent flyer points w Chick Fil A. Love their spicy chicken deluxe sandwich w waffle fries. They closed our satellite cafeteria at work and 6 months later we had a Chick Fil A downstairs, 67 steps from my office.’
THAT being said….BoJangles Cajun Chicken Filet biscuit is stellar for breakfast, as are their egg biscuits. BoJangles biscuits for breakfast, Chick Fil A for lunch.
Billy

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I stopped going there for breakfast when they discontinued the spicy chicken breakfast biscuit thing.

On the web site they say it is still sold... on a location by location basis.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not big on fast food but CFA and In and Out are not typical fast food. Around here you'll always find them across the street from each other.

Posts: 2754 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Wonderful breakfast sandwich.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
How about this, my son opened our local Chick-fil-A this morning. We get an awesome family discount too.

Posts: 12477 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Carry a bottle of hot sauce in the car!

quote:
I stopped going there for breakfast when they discontinued the spicy chicken breakfast biscuit thing.

Posts: 1981 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one nearest me has three lanes of drive thru'. Probably hold 30 cars or more at a time and, especially at lunch, they are often backed up onto the street. And yet they'll still get you thru' faster than any other fast food place. Never surly like they almost always are at other places.

Posts: 124 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our nearest one is two hours away. My niece and her kids will hop in the car on a whim just to load up on chicken goodness!
You don’t hear of people driving two hours for Boogerking!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1131 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Count me in on loving the CFA biscuits. I've noticed the size of the chicken on one's biscuit depends on the restaurant location. The best I ever had in the U.S. was in Overland Park, KS. That sucker was twice as wide as the biscuit and no wonder the drive thru lane was one of the longest I've ever seen.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have a neighbor that refuses to eat at Chick-fil-A and Denny’s. Roll Eyes

Otherwise he’s mostly rational. A new Chick-fil-A is going to open up a 15-minute walk from the condo we both inhabit. Good news for me, too bad for him.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9015 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Lord Vaalic wrote

They got rid of the breakfast bagel sandwich. Broke my heart....

Me too. Now I get the Chicken, egg white (would prefer whole egg), and cheese sandwich on an English muffin.

Here in the south you can't swing a dead possum without hitting an over larded biscuit. The muffin is a nice change.

Posts: 2547 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

quote:

No need. There's generally packets of Franks or Texas Pete in the restaurant.

They. Rock.

Posts: 2473 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

quote:
They do have little packets of hot sauce at the condiment counter, but it's just not the same. I want the original spicy chicken breakfast biscuit that has been discontinued around here.

Actually, who knows, they might have brought it back. I have not been to one of their locations at breakfast time ever since they first discontinued that item. I'm not boycotting them, but that's what I went there to get for breakfast, so no point going there if they don't have it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30748 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Chick Fil A is the tits. The high end of the fast food world.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I have a neighbor that refuses to eat at Chick-fil-A and Denny’s. Roll Eyes

Otherwise he’s mostly rational. A new Chick-fil-A is going to open up a 15-minute walk from the condo we both inhabit. Good news for me, too bad for him.

When they did the CFA boycott a few years back, the two near me needed police to control traffic, the lines were miles long.

We joke the one by my house, you could literally build one right next to it and they would both make money. There is always a line

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The one in Thompson, Ga. had the order wrong 4 out of 4 times.

The rest of them are great.

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
On Saturdays back in the mid 70's my mom would let us take the bus to the skate park near the Springfield Mall in northern Virginia. Afterwards we'd go to either the Chik Fil A in the mall or the Arthur Treachers near the skate park. Love Chik Fil A, miss Arthur Treachers.

Ok, that's all I have to add.

I didn't realize they had been around that long.
I worked in that area from 1968 thru 1972.

On November 24, 1967, Truett Cathy altered the “fast food” landscape forever when the first Chick-fil-A® restaurant opened in Atlanta’s Greenbriar Mall, an idea as original as his Chicken Sandwich.

At the time, the concept of a shopping mall restaurant was groundbreaking, fitting for this mall in particular, as it was one of the first indoor malls in the Southeast. And while the restaurant itself was not very large, just 384 square feet (roughly the size of a two-car garage), it had a monumental impact.
At the time, the concept of a shopping mall restaurant was groundbreaking, fitting for this mall in particular, as it was one of the first indoor malls in the Southeast. And while the restaurant itself was not very large, just 384 square feet (roughly the size of a two-car garage), it had a monumental impact.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/st...-as-first-restaurant

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post