SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are there any active members here who aren't aware of the "Participating Members" policy for use of the classifieds section of this forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there any active members here who aren't aware of the "Participating Members" policy for use of the classifieds section of this forum? Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sigforum to me is a group of mostly like minded people (about owning firearms anyway) that are here socializing, asking and giving others advice and help when needed, sharing other interests, etc. Very much more than just about guns and gun commerce.
The real value that separates this place from others is the stuff other than guns and without that it's really just another of the many special interest forums that have little else going for them. The Lounge has the largest group of posts here, far ahead of all other sections.
With that in mind, people that only cherry pick the classifieds or only sell there, bring nothing to the party and aren't missed if the few buy/sell posts they make go away. The classifieds are the biggest attraction here for scammers and it must take a disproportionate amount of managements attention to keep them as clean as they are. There are more low post count people there than anywhere other than the new members intro section.
A perfect do and don't list really isn't practical and some of it has to be left to the better judgement of the participants. That is until someone can't take the hint.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very well said Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Fits his CUT perfectly!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
A perfect do and don't list really isn't practical and some of it has to be left to the better judgement of the participants. That is until someone can't take the hint.

Maybe sticky some of the more epic flameout threads in the FNG introduction section as required reading Smile

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say, this site has always been very protective of it’s members. I appreciate the discouraging of “cross posting.”

Lots of scammers on other forms lately in general. Another layer of protection cannot help. It is good to be able to “track” a user’s activity rate to see if they are legit or just a goober that goes “Yup” on each page.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Maybe sticky some of the more epic flameout threads in the FNG introduction section as required reading Smile

I'd read ~~~~f'ing dope~~~~ more my current fiction series if it were offered!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post