SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pictures we didn’t take are on our iPhone.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures we didn’t take are on our iPhone. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
This is truly bizarre. Hoping someone may know how this could happen. Wife and I are in Sarasota. Did a guided kayak tour this morning to see manatees and mangroves. Wife took a bunch of pictures. In the middle of the kayak pics are 2 pics of a Stella Artois on a bar. We don’t recognize the bar. We didn’t take the pic. The time stamp is during our kayak tour. Phone was alone with wife in her kayak so no one could access it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Maybe she inadvertently accepted an Airdrop from someone who inadvertently selected her as the recipient.

Posts: 6372 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Airdrop was my first thought too.

We did a guided kayak tour in Austin earlier this year & the guide aridropped the photos to everyone.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Cloud mix up? Cruising social media app and accidentally taking a picture?

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14013 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Push marketing? You must opt-out in some cases.

Did you have a Stella Artois after seeing the pics?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2841 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
probably air drop. pull up the exif data and see if it was taken by your iphone

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Don’t like pilseners. Lol. Not sure how to look up data on the phone. I can try later on the computer.

Probably not targeted marketing. It’s a messy bar on a jack daniels bar mat.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Photographic version of a butt-dial?

Posts: 7271 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Don’t like pilseners. Lol. Not sure how to look up data on the phone. I can try later on the computer.

Probably not targeted marketing. It’s a messy bar on a jack daniels bar mat.

There are multiple free exrof apps available

You’ll be amazed at the amount of specific information is encoded within a digital picture. Especially if someone hasn’t taken the time to dive deep in the setting and turn stuff off

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6234 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:

Assuming you're using the current version of IOS, you just need to swipe up on the picture in question on your phone, and it'll pull up the data.

With that said I too think it's simply an airdrop that was accidently accepted. You should be able to set your phone so that it only accepts airdrops from people that's actually in your contacts list.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post