SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about taking a firearm to Washington state
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about taking a firearm to Washington state Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So going to travel by vehicle into Wa. State and would like to have a rifle (lever action)
What do I need to know about having it in my possession while there?

Will also be in possession of ammo as well.

Thanks

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
In a vehicle,
You cannot transport a loaded rifle.
You cannot possess a loaded pistol, unless you have a CWP.
If you leave the vehicle, the vehicle must be locked and guns out of sight.

I always had my CWP when I lived there, but that didn’t change the laws on rifles.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4027 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Washington honors Utah CCW permits. If you obtain an out of state permit, you can carry your pistol loaded.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4056 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Washington honors Utah or Arizona CCW permits. If you obtain an out of state permit, you can carry your pistol loaded.

This isn't accurate. Washington does not honor my Arizona permit.

Washington State CONCEALED PISTOL LICENSE RECIPROCITY

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I meant it was one or the other, forgot which one. So it is Utah they honor.

-c1steve

Posts: 4056 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To get back to your question about transporting a rifle: it can’t be loaded at any time in the vehicle. All the other normal things would also apply, safe storage like in a soft or hard rifle case, locked vehicle, out of sight, etc. etc.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post