SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robin Sage has started!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robin Sage has started! Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
The final phase of training for SF candidates has started and encompasses 15 counties in NC as well as a few in SC and one in TN. So far all I’ve seen are multiple low level helicopters around my area…

————
FORT BRAGG, N.C. - This month, Special Forces candidates will participate in the Robin Sage training exercise, held within 15 North Carolina counties as the final test of their Special Forces Qualification Course training.

Between July 15 and August 4, students will participate in this exercise before graduating the course and moving on to their first assignments in the Army's Special Forces community. Robin Sage is a two-week culmination exercise. The participants are students at the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, based out of Fort Bragg.

The exercise's notional country of Pineland encompasses Alamance, Anson, Cabarrus, Chatham, Davidson, Guilford, Hoke, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph, Richmond, Rowan, Scotland, Stanly and Union counties. Throughout the exercise, Special Forces candidates and Robin Sage role-players not only conduct training missions such as controlled assaults and key-leader engagements, but also live, eat and sleep in these civilian areas.

All Robin Sage movements and events have been coordinated with public safety officials throughout and within the towns and counties hosting the training. Residents may hear blank gunfire and see occasional flares. Controls are in place to ensure there is no risk to persons or property. Residents with concerns should contact local law enforcement officials, who will immediately contact exercise control officials.

With the help of civilian authorities and local citizens, Robin Sage has been conducted since 1974….

https://www.army.mil/article/1...in_sage_exercise_set

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Annnd, it's over... Wink

Seriously though, I’ve seen ton of low level helicopter activity around my area recently as well. This includes a 'training event' where multiple Blackhawks landed at a local office building property in my town that has a very large lawn area (and a helipad), and deployed armed assault teams. I'd be curious as to why, and if such activities have ramped up elsewhere, because this is definitely unusual and not something that's ever been done previously.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8945 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
^^^
This is a 2 week event that has been going on annually for decades and encompasses about a third of the state of NC (i.e. bigger than NH ;-) ). Several years ago a local deputy actually shot one of the soldiers.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well that's great, but in reading the article you posted...'By U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School Public Affairs July 7, 2015'

'Between July 15 and August 4'...

Perhaps there's some more recent (current!) info available? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8945 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sep 15-28 2023 seems to be the current iteration.

Posts: 2188 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The temptation to walk around in the woods wearing a Kaftan and Turban must be enormous! Try to resist.

Posts: 6504 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Well that's great, but in reading the article you posted...'By U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School Public Affairs July 7, 2015'

Dang. Poor guys have been out in the field for over 8 years!

Big Grin

Posts: 32545 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry about picking up an older post. I was trying to get a reputable source, not the local rag I first read it on that turned out to be behind a paywall.

Here’s a current article…

https://www.cbs17.com/news/loc...h-in-26-nc-counties/

------------------
Eddie

posted Hide Post
One of these days the US will get serious about stopping the evil oppression in the People's Republic of Pineland!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8361 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Did you guys ever hear about the Robin Sage white hat experiment? This analyst fooled a whole lot of people in government and the military, which to me they should have known better and recognized that name:

The Robin Sage experiment: Fake profile fools security pros

Robin Sage, Who Never Existed

Posts: 33860 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Did you guys ever hear about the Robin Sage white hat experiment? This analyst fooled a whole lot of people in government and the military, which to me they should have known better and recognized that name:

The Robin Sage experiment: Fake profile fools security pros

Robin Sage, Who Never Existed

On LinkedIn, for about the last year, I suspect a large number of fake profiles have been created, the majority of which have Chinese profiles. I get invitations to connect from them quite regularly.

The tell is that the people asking for connections have high level positions, director being the least of these. Usually board members, vice presidents, investors, and such; but the kicker is they have less than 200 connections and most times even less than 100. No one gets that high up on the corporate ladder without getting at least 500 along the way.

I connected with a few in the beginning but they quickly want to take the conversation over to WhatsApp. I decline and point them to an Indian article saying how WhatApp has been compromised by the Chinese government.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19695 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Annnd, it's over... Wink

Seriously though, I’ve seen ton of low level helicopter activity around my area recently as well. This includes a 'training event' where multiple Blackhawks landed at a local office building property in my town that has a very large lawn area (and a helipad), and deployed armed assault teams. I'd be curious as to why, and if such activities have ramped up elsewhere, because this is definitely unusual and not something that's ever been done previously.

Training amongst SOF units encompass a wide variety of environments and terrain, to include urban/permissive areas. Considering a significant segment of humanity lives in urban areas or, built-up non-urban areas, makes sense to get some level of training in these places.

Those Mysterious Dark Helicopters Were Landing On Multiple Downtown LA Rooftops Last Night

Here’s What All Those Black Helicopters Were Doing Zipping Around Los Angeles Last Night

Watch Night Stalker Choppers Descend In Unison Into Small Parking Lot Near Staples Center

Posts: 14687 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remembering things, I know there was a bad accident back in 02, 03, 04?

A deputy shot and killed one or two of the trainees. Not a good day for the GB. A lot of changes to Robin Sage happened after that. Even prior to the accident, I know all of the locals, including State and County LE were briefed on the operation, some of the local LE were even involved in the evolution as role players.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8361 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How hundreds of volunteers help test Army Special Forces candidates

By Rachel Riley, The Fayetteville Observer
Oct 4, 03:19 PM

Editor’s Note: This article was published as part of a content-sharing agreement between Army Times and The Fayetteville Observer.

Artillery simulators streaked across the airfield, while smoke filled the air last week at the Elizabethtown Airport as soldiers worked to secure the airfield.

The soldiers were the latest group going through the Special Forces two-week training exercise known as Robin Sage, which is held four times a year. To them on Sept. 26, the airport was part of a fictional country known as Pineland.

Robin Sage is the final test for the Special Forces Qualifications Course hosted by the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School based at Fort Liberty...

Complete article:

https://www.armytimes.com/news...l-forces-candidates/

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post