SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    School blocks Chick-fil-A as dining option
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School blocks Chick-fil-A as dining option Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So lots of folks are footing the bill for Junior to get a college education and the focus is now on..... What fast food chicken to buy?
This crap will continue until people stop paying for it.
And CFA? We need you in the Yoop!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
based on the company's record widely perceived to be in opposition to the LGBTQ community

In other words, reality doesn't matter. Only perception does.

Perfectly encapsulates modern academics.

Posts: 3663 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in Georgia...my sons public middle school sells Chick-fil-a breakfast biscuits from a stand out front every Thursday morning.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Something tells me this 'survey' is not likely to hurt Chik-fil-A sales one bit. As a matter of fact, the publicity will likely drive more business to the store (as has happened in other such instances). Well done Rider University leftist nitwits. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
After reading this thread, I stopped by there for lunch today - not that I needed much encouragement. (Sure has a different ambiance from the other fast food places.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

They are working on that. At a recent non-profit event, a speaker mentioned LGBTQIA a couple of times. I asked him later privately what the IA stands for “Intersex” and “Asexual”. I just thanked him for clearing my confusion and kept the head shaking internal.

Whatever...
Well, I am "asexual" but you won't find ME associating with those idiots.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yeah, me too, but not by choice. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think most normal people should be very happy they didn't get an education at this place

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53200 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Rider says it understands some may view the decision as a "form of exclusion." But the school says it wanted to be "faithful to our values of inclusion."

Roll Eyes

To show how inclusive we are, we've decided to exclude them.
Madness.

It's a brave new world... Diversity is our strength!
We now have schools run by NPCs!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24137 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Machiavellian to the core, its not wrong as long as it's my rule, rudeness, racism, hate, discrimination are not valid descriptors for people who feel only their ideas are righteous...

I think some call them crusaders, but they are simply morons...

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
So...what exactly are they going to do if a student chooses to eat there? Shove a finger down his/her throat?

They will more likely shove it up his ass. If they are in keeping with their values.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are lots of Chickfila's on college campuses and they are closed on Sunday.

As there are zero classes on Sunday, the business they lose is little to none. The students can surely survive one day without it being open and no doubt there are other choices available.

As far as their rating??? Not all that great.

SAT Range - 916-1110

ACT Range - 19-24...
For most students, scoring above average, 21 or higher, is a good ACT score. For those applying to elite colleges, scores in the 94th percentile (30+) or even the 98th percentile (33+) are good ACT scores.

A C- school at best.

45% of students would choose to return to Rider, whereas 55% would not
http://www.studentsreview.com/...ider_University.html

https://www.niche.com/colleges/rider-university/

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post