SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Clock Boy’s Lawsuit Just Blew Up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clock Boy’s Lawsuit Just Blew Up Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Razz

U.S. District Judge Sam Lindsay dismissed the lawsuit Ahmed “Clock Boy” Mohamed brought against the Irving Independent School District Wednesday, after he was wrongfully arrested for bringing a device to school that resembled a bomb.

The device at issue was a homemade clock, not a bomb. As Mohamed is a Muslim and the son of Sudanese immigrants, the incident was widely attributed to ethnic and religious stereotyping, prompting the lawsuit.

Mohamed’s father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, filed the complaint on his son’s behalf. The suit alleged that the school district discriminated against Ahmed on the basis of race and religion, in keeping with a long history of bigotry in the Irving schools. It also claimed his Fourth Amendment rights were infringed when authorities questioned him for over an hour and a half without his parents.

In turn, the city of Irving said administrators acted legitimately to ensure school safety, even if they were mistaken.

“The top priority of the City of Irving is the safety of its residents, and the City will not be deterred from its mission when it comes to protecting the security and well-being of its school children,” their motion to dismiss reads.

Mohamed’s device included batteries, a printed circuit board, wires, a transformer, a timing display panel, and an alarm bell. Two teachers advised him to keep the mechanism hidden before he was summoned to the school principal. He was arrested but the charges against him were dropped in short order. The school district assessed a three-day suspension against him.

City officials said they were “extremely pleased by the court’s ruling, which supports the justifiable actions taken by the officers in the matter.”

“We remain committed to ensuring the safety of all Irving residents and schoolchildren,” the statement added.

A separate lawsuit against a cluster of media figures for defemation was also dismissed in Feb. 2017.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03...y-lawsuit-dismissed/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Gee, there must be at least some semblance of intelligence in that legal system.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
It's about time.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I won't go looking for it on youtube because they probably took down the video, but there used to be a short clip that showed what this kid did to "make" his "clock". He took the guts- power supply, circuit board and LED display- out of a digital alarm clock, and put this assembly into a briefcase. He didn't gather components and solder them together, or even from a pre-made kit. What he "made" was the mockup of a bomb by putting a digital clock into a briefcase, and he knew it and his parents knew it. He also knew that his actions would be especially provocative given his race, and counted on PC attitudes to allow him to skate.
He did not expect to be arrested but he was thrilled when it happen, as was his father.

Every time I hear about this little bastard these days, it's bad news for Clockmed and good news for the good old USA.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:...What he "made" was the mockup of a bomb by putting a digital clock into a briefcase, and he knew it and his parents knew it. He also knew that his actions would be especially provocative given his race, and counted on PC attitudes to allow him to skate....

I wonder what his motivation was for this? How would they feel if a Christian kid did the same in their Islamic nation?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
"Clockmed"...BWAAAAAAAAHahahahahahahahahahaha!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15235 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes......... the court gets it right. AMEN!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I wonder what his motivation was for this? How would they feel if a Christian kid did the same in their Islamic nation?

My opinion is that a Christian kid would have common sense and not create something like that as it would bring chaos and trouble. Christian kid would know the repercussions of stupid actions or decisions. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They were dialing for dollars and wanted to see themselves on the news. Texas probably isn't the best place to try a trick like that.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Muslims reportedly believe every action is "Allah's will"--it is a fatalistic religion. They seldom, if ever, take responsibility for their actions because they're not "in control".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
quote:

My opinion is that a Christian kid would have common sense and not create something like that as it would bring chaos and trouble. Christian kid would know the repercussions of stupid actions or decisions. God Bless Smile

My thought is Clockmed played on his heritage and mimiced a terrorist. He wanted uproar and to do the "wasn't doing anything" when caught.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
quote:

My thought is Clockmed played on his heritage and mimiced a terrorist. He wanted uproar and to do the "wasn't doing anything" when caught.

Seems some cultures demand their "rights" in America, which rights they would openly and willingly deny to others if the tables were turned.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I believe the father hatched the plan putting the kid up to it counting on a settlement by the school district and city in an attempt to scuttle the whole thing as quick as possible.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I believe the father hatched the plan putting the kid up to it counting on a settlement by the school district and city in an attempt to scuttle the whole thing as quick as possible.

I hope he and his lawyers spend a bunch on legal fees. Too bad the school district didn't make a claim against him and his lawyer and clean them out.
If a kid went to school with a squirt gun that looked like an AR he would be arrested and this case's no different.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I think you are correct. Note that the lawsuit mentions "a long history of bigotry in the Irving schools". To me, it sounds like dad had a grievance with the school system, either real or perceived, and that this stunt was his idea. I cannot imagine a child that age not anticipating the full wrath of their parents if junior decided to pull something like this on their own.
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Mohamed’s father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, filed the complaint on his son’s behalf. The suit alleged that the school district discriminated against Ahmed on the basis of race and religion, in keeping with a long history of bigotry in the Irving schools.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The best part about all of this was the fact that the terrorist in chief invited this little shit to the White House as if he accomplished something significant. One failure of many haha.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Krimson Kenyan, uninformed and disinterested in the facts- as usual- tweeted "Cool clock!" to the junior terrorist in training.

Yeah, thanks, Barry. I hope that made you feel better. Man Mad

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
I suspect that these Muslims knew exactly what they were doing, than cried racism. They thought they could get away with it with the Muslim in Chief Obama. I say SCREW these Muslims and send them all back. And by the way, Obama is a gay Muslim, born in Kenya and Michael is Big Mike Robinson s tranny. So all you stupid idiot ass wipes that voted for Obama twice, SCREW YOU TOO! I hope you're happy voting democrat and the damage you did!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Yeah, is an all homemade clock.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I recall this little pice of shit and his fuckin brood moved to the mideast, expecting to be treated as heroes, but came back to the good ole USA with their tails between their legs.

They should get the hell out of this country.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post