SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Fund me to help build the wall ...... Snailmail address added for non GFM users. Moving dirt in April!! HBO vid pg 14. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Surefire:
I think y'all are nuts with this GFM nonsense.

I tell ya what, Surefire: How 'bout we take all those people that get across our porous southern border and, as soon as they step over the line, without question or exception , simply put 'em on transport and drop 'em on your side of of our northern border?

Bold for emphasis, because that's what they are expecting us to accept. Fuck 'em. They're criminals.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it is, Christmas Day with all the usual pleasures and distractions to keep us busy, and I think it's gone up a couple hunnert thou! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Here it is, Christmas Day with all the usual pleasures and distractions to keep us busy, and I think it's gone up a couple hunnert thou! Cool
Well, to reach a billion, 1 million people would have to donate $1000 each, so I don't think the GFM will reach $1B. OTOH, the number of contributors is an indication of how popular the idea of The Wall is with the American citizens.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just hope that this movement can keep going, and even gain some more steam once the Holidays are over, and we get back to "normal" life.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas SigForum friends!

Mr President we support you! Almost $17 million. Go baby go!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
the number of contributors is an indication of how popular the idea of The Wall is with the American citizens.

This holds the second place record for Gofundme and achieved that status after 4 days. I suspect it will be Gofundme's largest campaign in history before too long.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I just hope that this movement can keep going, and even gain some more steam once the Holidays are over, and we get back to "normal" life.

It has seemed to hit a bit of a wall after a almost a week. I don't think the contributions will continue at the same rate, but it should still rack up massive donations. While it may only provide a few miles, it's still something. Hell I wish we could sponsor bricks to help build it. I've seen it for memorial parks and the Carolina Panther's do it. My name or message engraved into a brick would rock.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree whole heartedly!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
$17,002,074.00.

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he has a plan! Hang in there, Mr. President! Don't let them derail your presidency!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed Elk Hunter. We must stand together with Trump. $17.1 million, way to go Americans!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Surefire, you disappoint me. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. Your comments about American politics that I've seen from you in the past seem to be well thought out.

In this nation, people are fed up- absolutely, completely, entirely and in every way, fed the fuck up. You don't see the symbolism of working people in this country shaking a defiant fist in the faces of our fellow Americans who seek to destroy us.

This gesture makes people feel good. It makes us feel united in a cause. We know that we are not alone, and because of this, there is hope.

As a feel good item, it makes sense. As an actual tool to effectively contribute to the massive costs of the wall (for which I have zero objection), I can’t wrap my head around it.
$20 million is a LOT of money, but it’s 0.001% of the $20 billion required.

that’s where my comment was coming from, it was not meant to be a comment on the desire & frustration to control your border and stop illegal immigration. However, I failed to convey this.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Surefire, you disappoint me. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. Your comments about American politics that I've seen from you in the past seem to be well thought out.

In this nation, people are fed up- absolutely, completely, entirely and in every way, fed the fuck up. You don't see the symbolism of working people in this country shaking a defiant fist in the faces of our fellow Americans who seek to destroy us.

This gesture makes people feel good. It makes us feel united in a cause. We know that we are not alone, and because of this, there is hope.

As a feel good item, it makes sense. As an actual tool to effectively contribute to the massive costs of the wall (for which I have zero objection), I can’t wrap my head around it.

that’s where my comment was coming from, it was not meant to be a comment on the desire & frustration to control your border and stop illegal immigration. However, I failed to convey this.

Your math is way off. It's 0.1%.

Q

Posts: 26389 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
People don't have to donate. I wouldn't expect people to donate or even understand if they're not US citizens. It gives those who decide to donate a sense of having some control and say in US policy. We want DC to hear our voices but Congress doesn't listen. This President is listening.

Maybe you don't have an illegal immigration problem. Maybe you're not experiencing the problems that come with illegal immigration. Maybe you're not opposed to supporting illegals health care, education, housing and dealing with increased crime.

Then again, if your borders are as porous as our southern borders maybe it's just a matter of time before they're at your door step waving their foreign flags and demanding access.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

Your math is way off. It's 0.1%.

An easier way to look at it is we are currently at the $17 mark out of $1,000. It really puts into perspective just how much more 1 billion is than 1 million.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im 100% for the wall but there are too many questions I have to give money to the GFM account.

While it is a symbolic message at this point what are the methods and legalities this money being directly applied to the wall?

Right all this is doing is making money for GFM as they are making interest off the 17 million they are holding.

I would gladly donate $100 if I knew the money was applied to the wall and it was actually being built.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned if the $$ somehow doesn't make it to the wall the triple amputee can keep it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post