SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reverb.com data breach
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reverb.com data breach Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I've been getting scam texts lately with my name in them. I'm thinking it's from the reverb data breach.
quote:
Dear Reverber,

We take our users’ privacy and security very seriously. Out of an abundance of caution, we wanted to inform you that Reverb recently became aware of an issue relating to user contact information.

At this time, we believe that contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email, was publicly accessible for a short period of time. We do not have reason to believe that any of this information has been misused, nor do we believe that password or payment information were involved.

As soon as we learned of this issue, we immediately worked to resolve it. We conducted an investigation of the situation to determine what happened and are taking steps to prevent something like this from happening again.

As a general reminder, we recommend that you change your Reverb password on a regular basis. If you’d like to update your password you can do so easily from your Account Settings page.

Your trust is important to us, and we are committed to improving our safety procedures to keep your information secure. Thank you for being a part of the Reverb community.

The Reverb Team

Change your password and update any credit information.

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
There was also a breach at the parking meter app, meterUP. I've got a series of backup email addresses. To backup a another ful series of email addresses ... should my current adresses become compromised. After going through this in 2002 or so, then again in 2007-2008, I changed my habits.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you posted this. I got the email from Reverb around 2:30 CST yesterday and just assumed it was spam and didn't read it.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post