SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Airport directions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airport directions Login/Join 
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted
I'll probably hit Atlanta around 7:00 pm tomorrow(Wed.) and I need to get to College Park(Fayetteville Rd). I'll be coming south from 575. What's my better route: I-75 thru town then take 285 west to exit 60 or take 285 north of town and down around to exit 60. I'm not familiar with the airport area or traffic conditions that time of day. Thank you in advance.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/#q=moun...eorgia+to+atlanta+ga

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
75 all the way through midtown then follow the signs for airport / I85.

If you hit the north side of Atlanta at 7:00 pm traffic will not be to bad.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
75 all the way through midtown then follow the signs for airport / I85.

If you hit the north side of Atlanta at 7:00 pm traffic will not be to bad.

If he's used to the Blue Ridge Mtns, it will ALWAYS seem bad!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12671 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
There are no guarantees with Atlanta, but odds of downtown being messed up are higher than 285W.

Radio on 750am or 95.5 WSb and check Google maps traffic before you hit beltway. If you are going to airport get off on Camp Creek Pkwy exit 2 I285.

Posts: 3776 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, your info has been a big help. I made the trip up thru Atlanta many times coming from Florida but it was always on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Never during the week and never been to the airport.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
There are no guarantees with Atlanta, but odds of downtown being messed up are higher than 285W.

Radio on 750am or 95.5 WSb and check Google maps traffic before you hit beltway. If you are going to airport get off on Camp Creek Pkwy exit 2 I285.

I'd do this. 75S south of town has a tendency to be crap and backup some into downtown.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2391 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post