SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sheep and goat milk cheese
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheep and goat milk cheese Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
A couple of weeks ago I found some DELICIOUS cheese made by Meredith Dairy (Australia). The product looks exactly like the first photo in this link:

http://meredithdairy.com/products.html#goats-cheese

But it’s made from a blend of sheep and goat milk while the product in the link is made from only goat milk. The blurb says “This luxurious cheese is incredibly addictive”. I was going to describe it as “addictive” too.

Incredibly good, the jar has 1” cubes of cheese in seasoned olive oil. I am hooked!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9477 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The best FETA cheese is with either Goat or sheeps milk.
Cow milk makes terrible feta.

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Pecorino Romano is da bomb for I-talin dishes.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:

Locatelli brand pecorino romano is what EVERY Italian I know uses for grated cheese. It IS amazing.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:

Locatelli brand pecorino romano is what EVERY Italian I know uses for grated cheese. It IS amazing.

Locatelli brand pecorino romano IS amazing VERY EXPENSIVE too!

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Pietro Locatelli is a very fine Italian Baroque composer. Right up there with Vivaldi and Corelli, IMO.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9477 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post