SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATF Agent using phone app to take digital copies of FFL Transfer Log
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATF Agent using phone app to take digital copies of FFL Transfer Log Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Putting aside the obvious that 'they' know we all own guns...

Keep In mind that when the time comes they will not come for the guns first... they will come for YOU...

Uhhh, that's the WHOLE point of the Second Amendment...Perhaps you're read it.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It's WHY we have guns!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8919 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'll make you work for it.... like I said, just look over my post in the classifieds as well as in pistols for the last 5 years and you'll have a pretty good idea.

But here's one not listed...
Evil black military grade assault rifle....
79 years old:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
How about a spreadsheet with serial numbers and who you bought it from? If it doesn’t match my list I want records. Along with your drivers license.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I understand and agree we don't want the government to know... but...

when I was growing up, a while back, it was assumed that everyone owned a gun and most folks owned more than one.... So, why has it changed, at least on the internet, that 'we' are supposed to hide that information?

Why not change the current game and 'we' just start publicly posting...

"I own guns and am proud of it."

Hmm, your suggestion goes against the grain, but it is something I've wrestled with for a while after talking to my atty who set up my gun trust (which I have yet to use to buy a suppressor..).

Anyhow, his comment was that the government already knows I'm a gun owner. All of us are already on their lists unless we've never had a background check and never had a concealed carry license. Being on the list is enough to be on the list.

For me, it is more of a social acceptance issue. I hate to let government know about my private life, but that ship has sailed. Now it is more about normalizing responsible lawful gun ownership in society.

From that standpoint, yes I am in favor of not keeping it secret. I open carried this week in a campground. I don't hide it from friends but also don't go out of my way to advertise it.

Posts: 9460 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Anyhow, his comment was that the government already knows I'm a gun owner. All of us are already on their lists unless we've never had a background check and never had a concealed carry license. Being on the list is enough to be on the list.

Yep, that's right.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4933 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Do you hold an FFL?

quote:
Having been to an auction recently… I expect a knock, and everybody has instructions.

FWIW - There is no way I’m walking to the door with a fully assembled firearm.

I’m interested in what other people think they would do in this situation. I have some special circumstances that trigger an extra level of FFL scrutiny… All the legal - just tier one FFL can’t see me. I’m sure others here can relate.

~Curious

No. (Just a security clearance.)

I agree with the warrant; no tikki, no ride.

I have a FFL, 01/SOT and have been an 07/SOT,.
and I have no idea what you are talking about

I’ve been told… Perhaps incorrectly… But I go through this every time I do an FFL…

The first tier review cannot see enough information about me to approve, therefore it gets passed on to the next level/tier.

It used to take/delay another 10 to 20 minutes; now it takes several days. Going through it right now on a stupid little P6. Just had it happen on several rifles. Confused

Since this is your business, I would expect you know more about the process than I do.

Years ago I attended training offered by NICS. The first person to look at the NICS submission has no clearance to look into background info so you are correct there. If they see anything it goes to delay and moves on to the people with clearance so they can dig into the persons background.

it is all about your name,

so John Quincy Public may flag, as mentioned, and need a second look by another examiner ( VA is a POC state, for the second person to be involved means there is a hit on that name,)
other factors are, besides first, middle , last

SSN if provided
date of birth
place of birth
race
sex
height
weight
country of citizenship (if other than US, then your green card number)

that is basically all they use to run your check,

I was told by one of the VSP folks that do the processing, that if you go on delay, there is a John Q Public out there that did something, and they just want to make sure it is not you,

I hear from customers all the time, I am a LEO,, or have clearances out the wazoo, or am a (insert whatever here) but according to the VSP , none of that matters,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

Yep, that's right.

I've had NFA since 1984 when I turned 21

finger prints and a now way outdated photo,

surely I am on other lists as well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Here's an interesting fact when we discuss the 4473 form and the subsequent back ground check. To the best of my knowledge and records I have filled one of those forms out 47 times and here is the really interesting part.... not once has the FFL called in a back ground check.

The reason is that in S.C. if you have a Concealed Weapons Permit that bypasses the back ground check.

Now for the bad part... back in 2011 I paid for an NFA tax stamp for a suppressor... the FBI denied me twice... I never got the suppressor and my application has gone to the appeal department at the BATFE ... where is sits in a file drawer with everyone else's... seems they have to legally have the department for this but do not have to budget the personnel to review it.... I've let that one go.

Three years ago I applied for another permit to carry concealed in Maine....(previous one had expired a few years before) did not hear back for a year and finally decided to contact the Maine State Police about it... seems they had the FBI again run a background check on me and I got denied and then the Maine folks never followed up... I jumped through a few hoops and sent them some paper work and a letter with one of my best jokes in it:

"I was a young man in college being stupid. (I apologize for being redundant.)"

Seems this satisfied them and they issued me a permit.

My only point is if the government as well as just about everyone I know can't figure out I'm a gun 'enthusiast' then I must be doing something wrong.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
The yootoober just followed up with another video identifying the agent - just her name. Not going to post that here but he's asking ppl to file a complaint with the ATF on her.

You know the crazies will craze with that information.

eek, Doxxing a Federal Agent can be a felony offense.

edit: in the US, doxing a government employee falls under federal conspiracy laws and is seen as a federal offense.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Trying to intimidate a Supreme Court Justice is too, but that doesn’t seem to be a big deal.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I am sorry but she needs to be reported! Why would you use your personal phone not government phone to copy lists? My thoughts is that she is an activist going to sell this information to activist organizations to dox the names of gun owners.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
I am sorry but she needs to be reported! Why would you use your personal phone not government phone to copy lists? My thoughts is that she is an activist going to sell this information to activist organizations to dox the names of gun owners.

How do you know it was her personal phone and not a Government phone?

My contact at Homeland Security had a Government issued phone he carried every day and he also used it for personal calls, mainly to his wife. He never carried a personal phone with him.

While he initially had a Blackberry phone, his agency later moved to iPhones and they all look pretty much the same.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you actually watch the video? Confused

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:

My contact at Homeland Security had a Government issued phone he carried every day and he also used it for personal calls, mainly to his wife. He never carried a personal phone with him.

While he initially had a Blackberry phone, his agency later moved to iPhones and they all look pretty much the same.

If you had a government phone do you think the government would buy a pink case for use or a universal plain black case? If you had a government phone would you buy a case for it to make it look pretty in your hand? If you listen to the interview the government phone was sitting on the table. If you listened to the interview she gave an excuse of using her phone in case the one phone loss data. Now let’s try try to reason why she was taking photos of page after page of the books using the pretty phone and not the black cased phone duplicating all the pages.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
she was a really belligerent and arrogant bitch wasn't she...

she's the poster child for the reason for the 2nd Amendment

she needs to be shut down, now the business

Posts: 53200 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post