SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chase Ultimate Rewards points people, step inside for a tip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chase Ultimate Rewards points people, step inside for a tip Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
The current Chase Freedom 5% category lists Chase Pay purchases. I wanted to figure out how to pay at the pump with Chase Pay and it is possible.

Step 1: Prepare your phone to make the transaction.

Step 2: You have to trigger the pump to look for a payment. To do that you have to insert a card into the reader. I take a non chipped card, could be a library card, and insert it into the reader. If it has a mag stripe then just put it in upside down so it doesn't get read. It hits a button at the back of the reader.

Step 3: When the pump tells you to quickly remove the card hold your phone next to the card slot and remove the card. Most of the card slots have a NFC reader built into it and will read the phone and complete the transaction.

Step 4: Fill up like normal.

I did this for the first time today and it worked.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome hack! Kudos and thank you.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post