SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Music Player for Android/Samsung Phone and Windows 10 Computer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music Player for Android/Samsung Phone and Windows 10 Computer Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I have 800+ songs stored on my phone and computer and no longer have an app to play them. I used to use Google Play, but that seems to have gone away, I then used Audify, but it has ads in its interface.

I don't want to be spied on, and I don't want ads, I do want convenience and it would be nice if the app and the computer matched, but that isn't important.

Mostly I will be playing through high quality bluetooth headphones, but I may also be linking to a bluetooth dongle plugged into a traditional wired stereo unit.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
VLC media player.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll take a look.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Did they transfer over to YouTube Music? That’s why Google Play Music was rolled into.

Posts: 4181 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
For Android, I use Musicolet audio player. Decent features, lightweight and easy for playing locally stored music.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post