SIGforum
Ever see a Steam Powered Chainsaw?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5590000225

September 01, 2026, 09:45 AM
HRK
Ever see a Steam Powered Chainsaw?
https://x.com/TB1Kinobe/status/2094654822062445054


September 01, 2026, 11:39 AM
flesheatingvirus
Cool, while not the most convenient. Wink


________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 01, 2026, 11:41 AM
BigSwede
Zombie apocalypse aint stopping that dude


September 01, 2026, 12:34 PM
tatortodd
That's pretty cool off-grid ingenuity.

Speaking of unique chainsaws, I had one pop up on my FB short feed this morning. Competition 2-man chainsaw that was a 500 lbs made from a Ford 302. Pretty interesting, but no sure why it popped up as I don't typically watch chainsaw videos or lumberjack competition videos.



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
September 01, 2026, 12:57 PM
fritz
OK, style points for ingenuity.

I look at this from the standpoint of someone with 4 saws, who fells and cuts up 100-200 trees a year on family ranchlands.
- impractical
- overly complicated
- lack of mobility
- Woohoo -- cookie cutting a 5" diameter log! Wow! What power! What an amazing test of a saw!
- impractical
September 02, 2026, 02:39 PM
chbibc
Sounds like a dental drill on steroids. That aside, high marks in my book for coolness factor.


-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.