SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever see a Steam Powered Chainsaw?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Ever see a Steam Powered Chainsaw? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
 
Posts: 28569 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Cool, while not the most convenient. Wink


________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
 
Posts: 18839 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Zombie apocalypse aint stopping that dude


 
Posts: 7022 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool off-grid ingenuity.

Speaking of unique chainsaws, I had one pop up on my FB short feed this morning. Competition 2-man chainsaw that was a 500 lbs made from a Ford 302. Pretty interesting, but no sure why it popped up as I don't typically watch chainsaw videos or lumberjack competition videos.



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
 
Posts: 25813 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
OK, style points for ingenuity.

I look at this from the standpoint of someone with 4 saws, who fells and cuts up 100-200 trees a year on family ranchlands.
- impractical
- overly complicated
- lack of mobility
- Woohoo -- cookie cutting a 5" diameter log! Wow! What power! What an amazing test of a saw!
- impractical
 
Posts: 8494 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a dental drill on steroids. That aside, high marks in my book for coolness factor.


-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
 
Posts: 9118 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever see a Steam Powered Chainsaw?

© SIGforum 2026