SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woodworking projects: Show and tell
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodworking projects: Show and tell Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
I know there’s plenty of woodchucks around here. Show us what you’ve done or what you’re working on.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
https://imgur.com/user/cgode01

No idea if this link will work....first time attempting to post a picture here.....anywho, a couple recent projects I just completed

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
cgode, I’m just getting a link to the main page

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
cgode, I’m just getting a link to the main page

Yeah....my technological ability is well....crap Big Grin
I’ll have to work on it a bit today and find a hosting site
https://imgur.com/a/lrQUGgt...this appears to work

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm making what were supposed to be X-mas gifts for my nieces, but they will probably now be birthday gifts as its taking me longer than I anticipated. I'm only about 75% done on the first one.

The first one I got the inspiration from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hj_VBFoZfc&t

Mine will have a less complicated opening mechanism on the secret tray. The box is made of cherry and will have a bloodwood top, feet, and trim. I plan on finishing it with a rub on poly.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wife asked me to build her a bookcase for the living room. I got carried away (as usual) and built this. Biggest furniture project I've built to date (approx 12' wide and 8.5' tall).

Or a simpler project. My office desk I'm still using today (doubles as an indoor dog house Razz ), but will be replacing soon with another of my own creation.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
That looks really nice.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:

No idea if this link will work....first time attempting to post a picture here.....anywho, a couple recent projects I just completed

When I clicked it, I saw a Blue Lives Matter flag you made. Now it's gone bye-bye.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:

When I clicked it, I saw a Blue Lives Matter flag you made. Now it's gone bye-bye.

Correct...that would be one flag I made....funny, I can program my CNC but can’t post a picture Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I was a custom cabinetmaker and furniture maker for several years before a back injury put a halt to the lifting of heavy sheet goods. This forced me to rethink my woodworking path and resulted in my making traditional Windsor and Ladderback chairs using traditional joinery methods and hand tools. Below are just a few examples of my work.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 813 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I built a table last year.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
A pantry for my Daughter-In-Law. Sig Marine your chairs are beautiful

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Hey,

Can anybody make a wooden stand similar to those display stands that are made for rifles? I need something like that to support a piece of brass fire pole that came from the department I volunteered at in the 80's, when the pole was removed and scrapped a friend got some pieces of it and sent me one.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8137 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Excuse the awful pics....and carpet. Wink

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

This is not a personal project, as I was paid to do it. And rather than a nice piece of furniture, it is an example of a very technical millwork project. I made this in the early 80s while working in a millwork shop. We were not into taking finely detailed pictures of stuff then, but you can get the general idea. I was standing on top of a dumpster to get this shot.

It is a drop ceiling for a house in the Spring Valley section of DC. I did a lot of work for that house, including some furniture. The octagons are about 6ft across, and the open corner is for a helical staircase to pass through. The stiles and rails are 5/4" CWP, and the raised panels are 3/4" CWP. All of the straight joints are mortised and tenoned, and the octagon parts are splined, glued, and nailed. I did everything from layout, gluing up the panels, working the joints and sticking, raising the panels, and assembly. It is in the parking lot as that is the only place I had to assemble the whole thing. There are four dry M/T joints so it could go out in four pieces, necessary to get it into the house.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10790 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Another cedar post from the shed I tore down. Freehand cut this chunk off with a chainsaw. Would love to get a couple pieces from it. Measures roughly 6x6x12”

posted Hide Post
Gotta say, BIG time talent on this forum. I'm very impressed.

Posts: 7567 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Gotta say, BIG time talent on this forum. I'm very impressed.

Agree 100%! ^^^^^^

I'm more of a carpenter than a furniture maker but I'll share my biggest project for this year, not complete. A Daughter wanted the exterior of the old house she bought for a song spruced up and painted... but rebuilding the overhang had to come first! This 2600 sq ft house has been added on to 4 times we think, has 13 corners on it, and doesn't have a straight, level or square spot on it. Big Grin.

Here is a before shot of the longest wall... Note the closest window in the photo... it has been covered up inside years ago by a bathtub unit.

Here I replaced a few rotten rafter tips, added lookout blocking and strips for vinyl soffit and a new fascia board that will be covered with pre finished aluminum.

Progress

Added a window delete...

Some finished corner detail...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made all these around'03-'06, and a few others I sold before I took the picture. Gave it up a long time ago.

free picture upload

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There's some beautiful work posted in this thread. I'm not a serious woodworker; if I need something and I think I can make it...

I'm sure I've posted my saddle stand in a similar thread. I'm proud of the horse gear I assembled over my years working horseback, and when I retired, didn't want it sitting in a storage room.

Posts: 13301 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post