SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woman fends off knife-wielding robber on the Upper East Side
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woman fends off knife-wielding robber on the Upper East Side Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I lease a hangar at Our Little Airport to house a couple airplanes and my equipment rental business. My landlord is a SouthWest captain. He has a couple of daughters, the elder is following his footsteps (pilot), the younger is in NYC, not sure what she's working at, but she was in the news last week:

quote:
https://nypost.com/2021/07/28/...g-robber-in-nyc/amp/:

Woman fends off knife-wielding robber on the Upper East Side

A 27-year-old woman fended off a knife-wielding robber while walking through the Upper East Side on Tuesday night, cops said.

The attack happened around 9:45 p.m. at East 78th Street and Third Avenue, where an unknown man grabbed the victim from behind and put a knife to her throat, cops said.

“What money do you have?” the man snarled, according to police.

The woman pepper-sprayed the robber before he grabbed her purse and fled on Third Avenue, cops said.

Cops later caught up to the alleged robber, 25-year-old Darnell Green, and charged him with robbery, police said.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rather than face criminal prosecution Darnell Green has agreed to participate in remedial classes on victim selection. It is hoped that he will not come to the attention of the court system again.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Not too far from 415 East 71st Street & the fictional headquarters for Treadstone, the outfit that trained Jason Bourne to be the ultimate spy/assassin. NYC could use a few Jason Bourne’.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Jason Bourne may have a sister Cool . I am hoping the young woman is OK and kudos to her for taking action.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I was talking with an acquaintance yesterday who travels to NYC extensively as well as having family members on the police force. He said that there used to be a police presence "on every block" and now he's lucky if there's one within 6 blocks. The anecdotes he was telling me regarding Police interactions and having to walk on eggshells with miscreants was frustrating.

On the plus side, I did mention that there were openings in small towns in N. GA looking for good experienced cops!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Robbery? With a knife to the throat??

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Her friend Wildey is coming.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's just too bad she wasn't able to lead spray him and had to settle for pepper...

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ol’ Darnell was arrested the day before he put a knife to this woman’s throat. NYPD Foils Suspect’s Crime Spree with Three Arrests in Three Days Seems he’s been arrested 21 times total. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Ol’ Darnell was arrested the day before he put a knife to this woman’s throat. NYPD Foils Suspect’s Crime Spree with Three Arrests in Three Days Seems he’s been arrested 21 times total. Roll Eyes

What do you expect with the insane NYPD "catch and release" policy? These criminals are laughing at all of them!

Why is the NYPD so proud to post about how this guy keeps doing his thing after they have to release him? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

What do you expect with the insane NYPD "catch and release" policy? These criminals are laughing at all of them!

Why is the NYPD so proud to post about how this guy keeps doing his thing after they have to release him? Roll Eyes

I'm not sure about that.... is it the PD's policy or the Non-Prosecutor's office poilcy?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
You can thank the prosecutors and the court system for that stupid policy, not the cops. And it's not just NYC, either.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I'm not sure about that.... is it the PD's policy or the Non-Prosecutor's office poilcy?

This is correct. It's a DA problem.

Police apprehend based on probable cause. Prosecutors bring formal charges.

NYC's DA's are playing racial politics, along with COVID games, and have been MIA for over a year now. This is a prosecution problem.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder why Democrats refuse to enforce the law! Every city run by Democrats has sky-high crime, and the justice systems refuse to punish criminals.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna guess Mr Green will be put into a diversion program or, the latest 'progressive' program du jour: Restorative Justice.

smh...

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of a story here in England a few years back where two thugs tried out a distraction burglary on a little old lady in a nearby village. The empty-handed one kept her attention - he thought - while the one with the knife got in via the open back door.

That's about all they remember about it.

The guy with the knife ended up with it stuck in his shoulder and unconscious, and guy at the door was laid out with a handy stoneware vase.

The little old lady was a decorated [Croix de Guerre, Légion d'Honneure] veteran of the WW2 SOE, and on her retirement from active service in France, after wounding and eventual recovery, was employed teaching unarmed combat to the volunteers.

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happened last week. I am sure he is already out and seeking new potential victims.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post