SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have any experience with tutors.com or any other such site?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any experience with tutors.com or any other such site? Login/Join 
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted
I'm looking to get some help with Calc2. I'm taking it online as they don't offer it in the evenings very often.

So I'm looking into finding a tutor that I can sit down with face-to-face that could walk me through so I can make sure I'm grasping the material.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
My daughter used Varsity Tutors for SAT prep, but they do a variety of other tutoring. They really want to sell you on the Skype/video conference tutoring (don't agree to this, say thats a deal breaker and they will give you someone in person), and its not cheap. Like $60 per hr. Only about half of what you pay goes to the tutor. You might be better off contacting a local college or university for an actual person and save yourself some money. We had to go through a couple of different tutors before we found someone suitable.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I will look into VarsityTutors.com

I looked into the college tutoring services and the latest they are typically available are up until 6pm and I wouldn't be able to get there until about that time.

I have thought about stopping up at the campus to see if they have board postings for private tutors.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I found a supremely qualified guitar instructor on lessons.com

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll check it out.