SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Microsoft Outlook 365 help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microsoft Outlook 365 help Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Ok I need help on 2 items...

1 - How do you change it to alphabetize names by last name? This has to be the only program on earth that does it by first name.

2 - when I begin to type in a name, it will only display the last 5 people with that letter that I have emailed. Even if type in the persons full name, it wont come up. I have to go into contacts and find their name and then select from there to send an email.

I friggin hate Outlook

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
near the top right in Contacts is a drop down that allows you to sort by last name.

question 2 - where are you typing in a name? can you take a screen shot?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
When typing in a name for their email address (assuming in To/CC/BCC), there should be a 'Check Names' button in the ribbon. Type a few characters & hit this button, should bring up a list of relevant selections.

On mine, the ribbon goes in segments: Clipboard | Basic Text | Names

It is in the Names section.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15346 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Number 1 is in Options for mail.

Number 2 is if you haven't emailed the person or they haven't emailed you, you have to open contact list to find their name.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19678 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post