SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Parents ... Do your kids watch these videos of people playing video games?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parents ... Do your kids watch these videos of people playing video games? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted June 28, 2019 06:23 PM Hide Post
caught four minutes of Dr. Phil , talking to a lady who has lost control of her 9 y.o. son ,
who does nothing but play car stealer and war craft.

the kid tells her to "f" off, and shut the hell up.

the kids game station looked like some kind of command control for a u.a.v.

evidently some doctors are calling gaming and illness that needs to be treated .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Take the electronics away. Problem solved. I am not a Dr. Phil fan. Of course he is better than ME TIME WITH FRANGELA where two black women dole out advice on relationship issues. It is just like the conversations you hear in the checkout line at Walmart or at the bus stop on the South Side of Chicago. Down and dirty tell it like it is GIRL! Histrionic mannerisms included. (sorry for the slight thread drift.)

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yup, the Tomminator does...it’s all in our presence so nothing bad...he enjoys watching others pal ya giant each other and the little come backs when one of them clobbers the other...he also plays Minecraft but not online. At first it was weird to me, but he just enjoys the engagement between the players, so I let him. Could be worse, he could be outside burning buildings or spray painting shit...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Some of the new games are so complex and the stories so good that you could watch them as movies. It may be a kick for him to see how others approach decisions in the game as well. Just harmless fun IMHO.
(but I know how annoying pop culture is to us parents)

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
How is it any different than adults watching other adults do interesting things on tv? Reality TV comes to mind.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I do, and I don't have kids. Razz

I know there are games I'm interested in playing, but I'm not willing to invest in a gaming PC to be able to play them, so I'll watch others play.

It's essentially free entertainment for me. I don't have cable, so I watch stuff like that on Youtube. Or people forging blades. Or Forgotten Weapons.

All the same to me.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’d rather watch something informative, but it’s no worse than watching professional ball sports. Probably better as it doesn’t involve concussions, brain damage, kneeling protests, or other urban thuggery.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My 12 year old son and 16 year old daughter do. I have no clue why they seem to like it.
I don't understand why people enjoy playing video games, let alone watching others do it.

And I also don't understand how people make money off YouTube.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Shocking.

People make money off Youtube, just like they do off Apps, websites, TV and radio... by putting out something that holds other people's attention, so a third person can put commercials with it.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post