SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your favorite brand of widely available jerky?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite brand of widely available jerky? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
What is your favorite brand of widely available jerky?

I know there are many great local jerky makers and some here may make their own, but when it comes to something you would find in a typical store, what is your favorite?

Costco seems to change out their brands every so often, but a lot of them I just do not care for.

Today I tried Pacific Gold, which tastes acceptable, but could be a little drier and cut better for my preference.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1493 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Ditto on Costco Pacific Gold. It is moist and the cuts are a mix of slabs and scraps. It's tolerable for emergency office snacks when evening conference calls go too long.

I used to get Wild Joe's Beef Jerky out of Cincinnati. They had some good flavors. But over time, I found it to be too dry and salty. They haven't sold online for a couple of years. Per a December 2018 facespace posting, it appears they had a corporate merger or sale go horribly wrong. Their website is currently not responding.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Wild Bill's Beef Jerky. I didn't care for their Bacon Jerky.

Formerly located in Leola PA. Sold to Monogram Foods. I believe they still make it in their Leola shop. My wife worked there for quite a while until 1993.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7291 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
I've been really liking the different flavors of Chew On This - Jerky. Full disclosure; this company sponsors the super late model race team that my cousin is the crew chief for.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Jerky Hut Cowboy Flavor!

Posts: 8724 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone brought in some Jack Links Bourbon something to work last year that was fantastic. I have found Bourbon with Brown sugar but that's not it.

I have actually searched it out a few times and have never been able to find it.

I think this might be it. I was looking for bourbon but it’s actually whiskey.

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Li...Strips/dp/B01LXA0UUZ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stuff that comes out of my oven. Hahaha, always available to me.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
If I don’t make it myself, then the next option is jerky from a Buc-ees around here.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8752 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Bucee's is widely available... around here at least. Wink Good stuff and we always pick some up on road trips.

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Dunno how available it is I guess, but I like Old Trapper the best.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I just discovered Tillamook. Good flavor and very Keto-friendly, which most jerkys surprisingly aren’t.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It's a meat stick and less of a jerky, however I found yesterday at sportsman's Warehouse as a connoisseur of dried meat it is far and away the tastiest. We're I ate the one on the way home and when I got back I ordered some from them.

Www.Kingkalibur.com

Posts: 8183 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Jack Links is pretty good - I'll usually grab some when Publix runs BOGO deals.

And strangely enough, the Walmart brand stuff isn't half bad. Not gourmet stuff by any means, but better than most name brand stuff.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found it interesting that my nephew worked for a small family owned meat company and they made jerky for many different companies/brands all over the US. Different brands all had their own "recipe" and the meat company had the list/recipe for each company. Some companies wouldn't divulge their secret recipe and sent their own bagged secret spices/recipe to be used with their brand.

Posts: 269 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Jack Links is always acceptable.

As much as I love Trader Joes' their Jerky SUCKS!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11105 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
If I don’t make it myself, then the next option is jerky from a Buc-ees around here.
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Bucee's is widely available... around here at least. Wink Good stuff and we always pick some up on road trips.
I love Buc-ees jerky, but my wallet hates it as they're pretty proud of their jerky.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23689 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I love Buc-ees jerky, but my wallet hates it as they're pretty proud of their jerky.

That is very true. I will only buy a snack amount from them. I would never buy an amount I make myself. I now want to make jerky.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8752 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I like the original flavor Oberto's. I also favor the Jalepeno flavor of Jack Links.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Haven't found any massed produced Jerky that I like anywhere. There is a place in Mckenna, Wa right outside of Yelm and Ft Lewis that makes great jerky. Stewarts Meat market and butcher shop. I usually order a shipment from them once a year.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post