SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your favorite brand of widely available jerky?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite brand of widely available jerky? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Bucee's is widely available... around here at least. Wink Good stuff and we always pick some up on road trips.

When I visit family, I make sure to pick-up a couple of pounds. Their Bohemian flavor is pretty spectacular.

Just discovered they sell on Amazon

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Bucee's is widely available... around here at least. Wink Good stuff and we always pick some up on road trips.

When I visit family, I make sure to pick-up a couple of pounds. Their Bohemian flavor is pretty spectacular.

Just discovered they sell on Amazon

Hah! They have Beaver Nuggets on Amazon too! Awesome!

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I just discovered Tillamook. Good flavor and very Keto-friendly, which most jerkys surprisingly aren’t.

-Rob

This!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2081 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
Haven't found any massed produced Jerky that I like anywhere. There is a place in Mckenna, Wa right outside of Yelm and Ft Lewis that makes great jerky. Stewarts Meat market and butcher shop. I usually order a shipment from them once a year.

Stewarts is one of the jewels of this area of the PNW. You haven't lived until you have gotten jerky from a meat vending machine. Not a vending machine, a meat vending machine. But not widely available so, Tillamook's it is for me, though I'm not 100% sure that it counts as "widely available" either, but since I know for a fact its available in Washington AND Oregon, there you go.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2081 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ichi-go ichi-e
Picture of Underworld2086
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just discovered Tillamook. Good flavor and very Keto-friendly, which most jerkys surprisingly aren’t.

-Rob

Ditto

Posts: 696 | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
As usual these kind of threads motivate me to buy and try stuff. Just picked up a 10 oz bag of Old Trapper ($10.98) and an 8 oz bag of Tillamook ($8.98). Both Old fashioned style.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
As usual these kind of threads motivate me to buy and try stuff. Just picked up a 10 oz bag of Old Trapper ($10.98) and an 8 oz bag of Tillamook ($8.98). Both Old fashioned style.

Initial nod is to Old Trapper over Tillamock. Better taste, less sugar too.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Not sure I’ve seen Old Trapper. I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Trapper for me. I like the hot stuff best but the black pepper is great, as well!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Oberto original thin slice.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perky Jerky. I hate that Costco stopped carrying it and replaced it with their own brand that isn't as good.

Posts: 1186 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Initial nod is to Old Trapper over Tillamook. Better taste, less sugar too.

This is firm now from my knothole. Also was disappointed that too much of the Tillamook had sinew and gristle indicative of less than stellar cuts of trimmed beef (maybe a bad bag / batch but I find it inexcusable).

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Dunno how available it is I guess, but I like Old Trapper the best.

I'm trying Old Trapper today. The meat cuts seem to be quite good. The flavor of the regular is mild typical jerky flavor - nothing strange. Not too salty. It is a tender/moist type. I could go for a bit drier and chewier, but it works well since the cuts are good.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
on amazon: EPIC Venison & Beef Strips. good ingredients - no sugar, no honey.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Rob

The amount of sugar in commercial jerky is what drove me to start making my own.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
...discovered Tillamook.
good ingredients in that one - thanks.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
...discovered Tillamook.
good ingredients in that one - thanks.

Trying Tillamook by accident today. Flavor is ok but the quality of the cuts isn't as good as some others. More gristle and dried fat.