SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Swedish minister wants to WELCOME ISIS fighters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swedish minister wants to WELCOME ISIS fighters Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
The depths of stupidity are bottomless. But way down there in the pitch black freezing cold murk is this lady. The murderous beasts who behead children and set prisoners on fire? Oh, c'mon, they'll be fiiiine if you just get them some driving lessons. Welfare.

I don't wish ill on her, but it is hard to feel any sympathy at all for someone so self-destructively moronic.

Swedish Minister: Country Needs to Integrate Returning Islamic State Fighters

Swedish Minister for Culture and Democracy Alice Bah Kuhnke has suggested that Swedes who left to fight for radical Islamist groups in the Middle East should be welcomed back and helped to integrate into society.

Ms. Kuhnke made the comments Sunday evening on the television programme Agenda which is transmitted by the Swedish state broadcaster SVT. The programme focused on the fact that some 300 Islamic radicals from Sweden had gone to the Middle East to fight for groups like Islamic State and around half of them had returned to Sweden.

“They need to be channelled back into our democratic society,” Kuhnke said. The minister added she and the government had no idea how many of the returnees were still radicalised versus how many left because they had become disillusioned with Islamist beliefs.

When asked how many radical Muslims were involved in deradicalisation programmes, she estimated between 10 to 30 people based on information given to her by various municipalities. “There are far too few. We have to work together much better,” she noted.

Kuhnke also could not confirm that those who had been through the programmes had been successfully deradicalised, saying the process could take a decade or more. “We can not say that we have succeeded because it’s been such a short time. It is only in 10-15 years we can say that they actually managed to leave these environments,” she said.

Many on social media criticised the minister’s comments including terrorism expert Magnus Ranstorp who took to Twitter to note that at least two returning Swedish jihadists were involved with the terrorist attacks that occurred in Paris in late 2015 and in Brussels in 2016.

“The interview speaks for itself. This is how ill-prepared we are to deal with returnees,” Ranstrop noted.

The Swedish attitude toward returning jihadists is seen as strange by many, as several municipalities have gone above and beyond to cater for returning fighters. In the medieval city of Lund, the government is considering a range of measures including debt forgiveness, driving lessons, and free housing in the name of integrating returning extremists.

Last week, another damning report showed the Swedish government had still been paying many Islamists through the generous Swedish welfare system whilst they were fighting in Iraq and Syria.

Ranstorp, who was one of the authors of the report, said the main problem was the Swedish government refusing to follow up on welfare claimants to check whether they were in the country or ensuring that someone else wasn’t collecting benefits on their behalf.

http://www.breitbart.com/londo...amic-state-fighters/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I would think Sweden is about to have a revolution.... Nah, never mind their Sheep.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I would think Sweden is about to have a revolution.... Nah, never mind their Sheep .

What about they're sheep?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Don't we have some members from Sweden? I'd like to hear their take.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...de_attacks_in_Sweden

Looks like the welcome mat is already out.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...de_attacks_in_Sweden

Looks like the welcome mat is already out.

Yes, grenade attacks, car burnings, and multiplying "no go zones." I think we do have Swedish members, and that is what is infuriating about this dolt minister. If she wants to die at the hands of terrorists that she coddles, so be it. But others will also be harmed and killed, others who are angered and sickened by what their government is doing to their country.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most likely the minister lives in a nice, safe section of town. There would be little crime and everyone drives expensive cars or has a chauffeur. She has no fears, for her neighborhood would never be looted.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Might I suggest anyone who thinks this is a good idea; then they should house and assist in the returning jihadi's transition back into society

In their own home.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Yeah... she's not your typical Swedish gal.

Wiki

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Bah. Humbug.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Why is she wearing my grandfather's glasses?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I'm sure their ancestors would say this is all very osvensk.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Minister of culture? She is about to get an advanced lesson in CULTURE. Dumb bitch.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
What's the story? Something like "bitch you knew I was a snake."

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the pastor in War of the Worlds who goes out to welcome the Martians.

ZZZZZZAPPP!!!!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
What's the story? Something like "bitch you knew I was a snake."

I believe it's a scorpion, but yes it's hard to feel sorry for people this stupid. I wonder if the general population is so welcoming of these "former" terrorists?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Too bad I never visited Sweden before it turned into Middle East Shit Hole North. Now, it's gone forever.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In each of these situations, I wonder what has happened to the native people. In Sweden, where are the Vikings? In Britain, where are the men upon whose empire the sun never set?

I hope we aren't soon wondering: Where are the Minutemen?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Too bad I never visited Sweden before it turned into Middle East Shit Hole North. Now, it's gone forever.

I feel that way about Paris. We are watching Europe being eaten up in big mouthfuls right before our eyes. It is a very strange spectacle to see Western Civilization self-destruct. The look on that minister's face is priceless, so bright and cheerful as she invites murderous psychos back into her country.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the Middle East, the Saudis are trying this with their Gitmo give backs. The give them jobs, housing, services, etc., under the premise that it might de-radicalize them.

Personally, I'm skeptical. Once radicalized, they only sure way to de-radicalize them is to deanimate them.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post