SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Swedish minister wants to WELCOME ISIS fighters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swedish minister wants to WELCOME ISIS fighters Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As they would say in Norway about this idea: "Uff da!".

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:Personally, I'm skeptical. Once radicalized, they only sure way to de-radicalize them is to deanimate them.

I'd imagine rehabilitating an ISIS killer is about as successful as curing a child molester. Might happen once in a while, but not often and certainly not predictably.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to say something about how stupid can an elected official be, but then caught myself. On the other hand, the really scary thing is this minister WAS elected-- shame on the populace.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:Personally, I'm skeptical. Once radicalized, they only sure way to de-radicalize them is to deanimate them.

I'd imagine rehabilitating an ISIS killer is about as successful as curing a child molester. Might happen once in a while, but not often and certainly not predictably.

The idea here is that you have basically good young men, and then they are exposed to ISIS violent propaganda, and, before you know it, they are slitting throats. I think that's exactly backwards.

I think in every population you have deeply disturbed elements who want to slit throats, machine gun women and children, set old folks on fire. Even if this darkness is buried deep inside them, and not up on the conscious level-- it's there. So along comes ISIS telling them, "Join us. Act out your deepest sadistic impulses."

The idea that they will be fine if they are "de-radicalized" is based on a complete mistake. They were fucked up before ISIS.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:I think in every population you have deeply disturbed elements who want to slit throats, machine gun women and children, set old folks on fire. Even if this darkness is buried deep inside them, and not up on the conscious level-- it's there.

I think that is 100% true.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I actually agree with this policy. Former ISIS fighters should be welcomed back.

"Former and returning ISIS Fighters, please identify yourself to the nearest NSA/TSA/Border Enforcement Agent for proper welcome"

Lets just make sure they have plenty of ammo and shovels.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
There's regular stupid, and then there's "Alice Bah Kuhnke" stupid. Way to be an overachiever, Alice...you've raised the bar to a whole new level.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
She needs to check the tension on that bun.

Clearly her hair is on too tight.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Country Needs to DisIntegrate Returning Islamic State Fighters

Fixed it for them. Wink

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Country Needs to DisIntegrate Returning Islamic State Fighters

Fixed it for them. Wink

Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20809 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Progressivism is a black hole of intellect. Just getting near it can suck away IQ points.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
That there is an example of "extra special" kind of stupid.

Unfortunately this sounds like something my sister-in-law would propose.

Yes, she is also a special kind of stupid.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
I could imagine this whackjob POS wishing the IS fighters well on their journeys while seeing them off at the train station.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DitchDoctor911:
I was going to say something about how stupid can an elected official be, but then caught myself. On the other hand, the really scary thing is this minister WAS elected-- shame on the populace.

All one has to do is look at S.F. or CA to see the special brand of stupid.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I listen to the things being said by leaders in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, UK, and I think-- you know, maybe the radical Islamists are right! These people don't really believe anything, have no core values, there's nothing they would fight and die for. That's why in the name of diversity and tolerance they just want to get along with everybody, even those who despise them and want to kill them.

Maybe they really are just ripe for slaughter.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I listen to the things being said by leaders in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, UK, and I think-- you know, maybe the radical Islamists are right! These people don't really believe anything, have no core values, there's nothing they would fight and die for. That's why in the name of diversity and tolerance they just want to get along with everybody, even those who despise them and want to kill them.

Maybe they really are just ripe for slaughter.

This is actually helpful. As you stand at the barrier watching the advancing horde, where once you might have hesitated because there could be true humans intermingled whom you would not want to harm, eventually it will be Orcs all the way back. Fire away.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, in the Netherlands, PM Jutte won re-election, defeating MP Geert Wilders, who was a strong advocate of closing borders against Muslims. Wilders was, however, pretty extreme, pledging to shutter mosques and ban the Koran.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Speaking of the Middle East, the Saudis are trying this with their Gitmo give backs. The give them jobs, housing, services, etc., under the premise that it might de-radicalize them.

Personally, I'm skeptical. Once radicalized, they only sure way to de-radicalize them is to deanimate them.

If they're doing this, then the results are the dumbest thing ever.
quote:

"Hello Hakeem. Death to America."

"Well, hello, Aabid. Death to America."

"How is your reintegration job coming along? Cut the throat of the infidel."

"It is okay. Slay the unbelievers. Although I think I may be developing some repetitive stress syndrome in my ankle. I may join the union though. Kill the unbelieving children."

"Oh no! Are you still able to kick your wife? Slaughter the western pigs."

"I am! Thank you for asking. Say, I was thinking about picking up a temporary wife for the weekend. Do you know if Kaashif's daughter is 9 yet? Allah will slay the dogs of America."

"Kaashif over on Mecca drive? Kill all unbelievers."

"Oh! No, I meant Kaashif over on Destroy The West BLVD."

"Ah! Yes. She is only 8, but if Allah wills you have a bride for this weekend, I'm sure Kaashif would not mind. Death to America."

Seriously. Oh! Hey we would also get great results from gangs being willing to assist with convicts returning to society from prison.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9152 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I would think Sweden is about to have a revolution.... Nah, never mind their Sheep .

What about they're sheep?

Yes, and they do not even have a sheep dog to guide/protect them.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...de_attacks_in_Sweden

Looks like the welcome mat is already out.

Yes, grenade attacks, car burnings, and multiplying "no go zones." I think we do have Swedish members, and that is what is infuriating about this dolt minister. If she wants to die at the hands of terrorists that she coddles, so be it. But others will also be harmed and killed, others who are angered and sickened by what their government is doing to their country.

Unfortunately, the odds of her ever experiencing the results of here stupidity are astronomically small. As in never. I am pretty sure she has 24/7 security coverage. Maybe she would get a firmer grasp of reality if she ditched her security detail and walked around down in some of those no-go zones.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post