SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ESPN pulled Asian announcer Robert Lee off the UVa home opener to avoid offending idiots
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ESPN pulled Asian announcer Robert Lee off the UVa home opener to avoid offending idiots Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Don't they know the announcer guy's mother pronounces his name "Robert Ree? Wink He's so rucky!

P229

Posts: 3833 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue.”

You STARTED the conversation and YOU made it an issue.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boxing referee Robert Byrd.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Has ESPN backed up on this yet and reinstated the guy to call the game?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31426 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard that Dixie Cups are being banned at all college football games

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
So let me get this right...

An Asian man, with the first name of "Robert" (one of the most common first names in America... and the last name of "Lee" (one of the most common last names, despite American spelling, or Asian spelling of "Li") gets banned from being the play by play broadcaster of a sporting event....

Really????

Simply insane....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post