SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much .22 LR do you have on hand?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much .22 LR do you have on hand? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'll say 7-800 rounds (estimated). .22 is fun for plinking and lower-cost practice with an AR, but I prioritize 9mm Luger and 5.56 for self defense. I have never bought the notion of .22LR as a barter currency.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I probably have over 20k. My plan has been to shoot a lot more .22 to save on the good stuff . I made a trade deal for a nice Ruger MkIV Hunter last week .
I've been looking for one for a while and this one popped up for sale and I was able to make a trade for it .

Posts: 4063 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have plenty of 22LR to keep me busy for quite a while and bought most of it years back when really cheap. Having a Range USA nearby now and a range membership I can shoot fairly often. Also bought a new Ruger 10/22, finally fixed my 60 year old Marlin 99, and love shooting my Browning Buckmark Camper so I can go through 22 ammo quickly plus the wife loves shooting 22LR. At age 72 I still have no problem shooting center fire but like having options. I can shoot 150 rounds on 9MM on a range trip or about 100 rounds of 9MM and 250 rounds of 22LR for the same cost.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not nearly enough! I shoot more 22 in month than all centerfire in a year combined, and haven’t been replacing it as fast as I use it. I really need to prep for the next great shortage which we all know will come.
One problem is I am a bit of a 22 ammo snob, and won’t buy Remington or Winchester at all, and only reluctantly federal. CCI is good, and currently plentiful.
Sad to say next to CCI my most liked and trusted 22 for general plinking is Mexican aguila.

I shoot a lot of precision rimfire rifle matches, and the preferred ammo for these activities ( my preference is for SK and Lapua) has been very limited in supply and hard to get. And considering the cost, it is hard to fork over 1500 to 2000 bucks for a case at a time

Posts: 3293 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
barley shoot anything anymore but the last stime I checked it was around 16k. I think I had 24k at one time but sold a bunch the first time it was cleaned out for 2 years

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
advised to delete

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hamden106,

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6317 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I keep 5,000-10,000 rds for plinking and SHTF just because its really easy to cheaply stack deep. I'm still doing BB guns with the kids but can't wait to move to 22lr.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7072 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a large Samsonite Suitcase stuffed full of 22LR. At one point I used my S&W 617 as my primary Double Action practice gun because they were about 3-4 cents per round. In addition my neighborhood is infested with squirrels so my thinking was squirrels would be a good food source if SHTF actually happened. Now that I've matured a bit I take the same approach to Skeet Practice and practice with the 410.

I will also note that I've reached the conclusion that the Human Race is doomed and the source for that doom is right at our fingertips. At some point the Internet will evolve in a massive "Brain" that spans the globe and we will have given that "brain" the ability to control Power, Data, water, fuel, and every other resource that can be controlled remotely. At some point that "brain" will come to the conclusion that Human beings are too inefficient to to properly serve the needs of the Net and they are way to "Messy". So the Net will go into hibernation and shut down everything. In 50 to 200 years there will be so few Humans left that a limited contingent of Drones equipped with some very nasty super viruses will spread the End Pandemic world wide. End of the Human race and not a single shot fired.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5652 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was humorous to see this new thread after I picked up a 1135 round bucket of 22lr. while out and about earlier today.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post