SIGforum
What or how are you storing rechargeable batteries?
August 23, 2026, 07:07 PM
71 TRUCKWhat or how are you storing rechargeable batteries?
After seeing bendable post about someone charging E bikes in the basement of his building it got me thinking, What or how are you storing rechargeable batteries?
For years I have stored the rechargeable batteries for my tools on a shelf. After reading bendables post it got me thinking what might be the safest way to store the batteries.
I have seen bags on Amazon, does any one use them and what do you think?
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State
NRA Life Member August 23, 2026, 07:16 PM
SigFanI store the batteries for my power tools (drills, blowers, etc) in the garage on a shelf, or on the tool itself. I charge them either in the garage or in the kitchen.
The spare battery for my Ring doorbell camera and the spare for my SimpliSafe security cameras are charged and stored on top of my safe awaiting the next required swap out.
Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan
NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA
"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)
August 23, 2026, 08:17 PM
bryan11After reading many can be harmed by extreme heat or freezing, I don't keep them in the garage any more as it experiences both.
August 23, 2026, 09:12 PM
Sharkey717In Texas, anything rechargeable stays in my 75 degree house. I have a detached garage the summer heat kills the life of anything rechargeable.
August 24, 2026, 04:45 AM
PHPaulHere in the Frozen Tundra, cold is the enemy.
Tool batteries, chargers and jump pack(s) stay in my heated shop and/or basement.
I do, on occasion, leave them unattended while charging which is a habit I need to break.
Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
August 24, 2026, 07:56 AM
SpinZoneI don’t worry much about it. My tool batteries stay in the garage on the tool, loose on the workbench, or in a specific drawer in the tool box if I'v3 been on a clean up streak. I charge them on the workbench unattended. Any other rechargeable batteries like the camera and such are in the device.
All of my batteries are from a reputable manufacturer, no knock off brands or Chinese crap.
“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna
"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management
August 24, 2026, 11:00 AM
Fly-SigI only charge when I am home, though they are unattended in the garage while charging. I should put a smoke detector by the charging shelf.
They are stored on the shelf or attached to the tool. Afaik, there is no worry of a spontaneous fire when they are just sitting there notbeing charged nor being used.
August 24, 2026, 11:26 AM
Anushquote:
All of my batteries are from a reputable manufacturer, no knock off brands or Chinese crap.
This!
I store them in my home office near my APC computer backup systems. One time I bought the cheap shit brands and they got too hot when charging.
__________________________________________________
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!
Sigs Owned - A Bunch
August 25, 2026, 12:57 PM
71 TRUCKThank you everyone for the information.
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State
NRA Life Member