SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What or how are you storing rechargeable batteries?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
What or how are you storing rechargeable batteries? Login/Join 
Member
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
After seeing bendable post about someone charging E bikes in the basement of his building it got me thinking, What or how are you storing rechargeable batteries?

For years I have stored the rechargeable batteries for my tools on a shelf. After reading bendables post it got me thinking what might be the safest way to store the batteries.
I have seen bags on Amazon, does any one use them and what do you think?




The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State



NRA Life Member
 
Posts: 2894 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I store the batteries for my power tools (drills, blowers, etc) in the garage on a shelf, or on the tool itself. I charge them either in the garage or in the kitchen.

The spare battery for my Ring doorbell camera and the spare for my SimpliSafe security cameras are charged and stored on top of my safe awaiting the next required swap out.


Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)
 
Posts: 2059 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
After reading many can be harmed by extreme heat or freezing, I don't keep them in the garage any more as it experiences both.
 
Posts: 2443 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
In Texas, anything rechargeable stays in my 75 degree house. I have a detached garage the summer heat kills the life of anything rechargeable.
 
Posts: 155 | Location: Kyle Texas | Registered: August 23, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Here in the Frozen Tundra, cold is the enemy.

Tool batteries, chargers and jump pack(s) stay in my heated shop and/or basement.

I do, on occasion, leave them unattended while charging which is a habit I need to break.




Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
 
Posts: 16717 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I don’t worry much about it. My tool batteries stay in the garage on the tool, loose on the workbench, or in a specific drawer in the tool box if I'v3 been on a clean up streak. I charge them on the workbench unattended. Any other rechargeable batteries like the camera and such are in the device.

All of my batteries are from a reputable manufacturer, no knock off brands or Chinese crap.



“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

 
Posts: 4538 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
I only charge when I am home, though they are unattended in the garage while charging. I should put a smoke detector by the charging shelf.

They are stored on the shelf or attached to the tool. Afaik, there is no worry of a spontaneous fire when they are just sitting there notbeing charged nor being used.
 
Posts: 11495 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of my batteries are from a reputable manufacturer, no knock off brands or Chinese crap.


This!

I store them in my home office near my APC computer backup systems. One time I bought the cheap shit brands and they got too hot when charging.


__________________________________________________

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch
 
Posts: 4640 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the information.




The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State



NRA Life Member
 
Posts: 2894 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What or how are you storing rechargeable batteries?

© SIGforum 2026