SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    March madness thread.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March madness thread. Login/Join 
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
And to think my hometown Vanderbilt team beat Florida three times this season. Just crazy.

Now, SEC teams have to start playing each other in the Elite Eight. Hmmmm, funny that the ACC doesn't have that problem (& didn't have that problem even going into the sweet sixteen). Eek Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are Gator grads. This game was frustrating, but in the end they found a way. Great game by Wisconsin but go Gators Wink now the bed

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I went to bed during that stretch where it seemed UF was doing everything they could to not win.

Glad to see it worked out.

Tired of how much the talking heads think of their own opinions all year.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Damn that little Macura kid is good. This is shaping up to be a good game. First time to the Final Four for both teams on the line.

Go Zags!

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Two down.

Gonzaga and Oregon in the Final Four. West coast is representin'.

Hard to believe Kansas fell hard. They just couldn't sink a shot tonight.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Two down.

Gonzaga and Oregon in the Final Four. West coast is representin'.

Hard to believe Kansas fell hard. They just couldn't sink a shot tonight.

Exciting times!

Was hoping against hope for a Oregon v Oregon State championship game on the women's side.

Now I'll look for Gonzaga v Oregon!

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Hometown team got in by the skin of their teeth tonight. Gonna be a crazy Monday.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I was surprised that NC had that hard of a time with Oregon who played like crap tonight (not what I was expecting).

Should be a good match-up for Monday though, but that trophy is headed to Spokane.

Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
It's gonna be a great matchup I think but I'm a Gonzaga guy all the way......
Go Bulldogs!!!!!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I was wondering just how long the SC game cocks (mens) could keep it up, they had a good run.
But at least the women are still in it.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was surprised that NC had that hard of a time with Oregon who played like crap tonight (not what I was expecting).

Should be a good match-up for Monday though, but that trophy is headed to Spokane.

I hope you are right. If so this town will go nuts.
If Williams-Goss and Karnowski are on their game, NC will be toast. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
wished SC could have pulled it off. I hate NC only slightly less than Duke - so go Zags!

I will at least enjoy the women's final tonight. Go Cocks.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
wished SC could have pulled it off.

They gave it a hell of a go. They are one scrappy team, and certainly better than their 7 seed.

And I agree Jim, it'll be madness over there if (when Wink) they win.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
wished SC could have pulled it off.

They gave it a hell of a go. They are one scrappy team, and certainly better than their 7 seed.

And I agree Jim, it'll be madness over there if (when Wink) they win.

Win or loose, the Zags have given us a lot to be proud of. What a year!!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Indeed.

Cinderella no more.

Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
Go 'Heels!

Posts: 1307 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking its time for the Bulldogs...

GO ZAGS! Big Grin

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Go Zags, will be good to see the team who's players actually go to College classes win! Big Grin

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Go Zags, will be good to see the team who's players actually go to College classes win! Big Grin

This drivel... Sigh...

Posts: 1307 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Go Zags!

It will be amazing if a tiny Jesuit college from the very conservative inland-northwest, can win a national title. Truly amazing.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post