SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remington Outdoor, Bankrupt Gunmaker, to Be Sold in Pieces to Seven Buyers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Outdoor, Bankrupt Gunmaker, to Be Sold in Pieces to Seven Buyers Login/Join 
posted
Remington Outdoor, bankrupt gunmaker, to be sold in pieces to seven buyers
By Noah ManskarSeptember 28, 2020 | 1:04pm

Remington Outdoor, bankrupt gunmaker, to be sold in pieces to seven buyers
picture alliance via Getty Image
Bankrupt gunmaker Remington Outdoor will split up its business and sell the pieces to seven different buyers following a bankruptcy auction, court records show.

The biggest sale will go to Minnesota-based Vista Outdoor, which said it will pay $81.4 million for Remington’s brand and trademarks along with parts of its ammo and accessories business including an Arkansas ammunition factory.

Other buyers include outdoor-gear retailer Sportsman’s Warehouse, which will acquire the Tapco brand of gun parts and accessories, and Nevada-based gunmaker Franklin Armory, which is snapping up Remington’s Bushmaster rifle brand, records show.

The sales are expected to bring in at least $155 million that will be applied to Remington’s debts, The Wall Street Journal reported. The company filed for bankruptcy in July as it struggled with weak sales after a 2018 restructuring that slimmed down its hefty debt load.

It’s unclear how the proposed sales will affect a lawsuit Remington is facing over its marketing of the Bushmaster rifle, which was used in the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, according to the Journal.

Families of the shooting victims who brought the lawsuit reportedly fear Remington’s bankruptcy could bring the case to an end. The suit was allowed to continue after Remington last declared bankruptcy in 2018, the Journal reported.

Remington did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/28/...o-be-sold-in-pieces/

Posts: 387 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Vista has some good names under its umbrella. Hopefully, the can make Remington great, again.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger is supposed to get Marlin.....that would be a very good fit I think.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Full split:

https://sgbonline.com/remingto...-in-bankruptcy-sale/

Vista Outdoor will purchase Remington’s Lonoke ammunitions business and certain IP assets for $81.4 million. SIG Sauer was listed as a backup bidder;

Sierra Bullets, which is owned by Clarus Inc., won the bidding for Barnes Bullets, another part of Remington’s ammunition business, with a $30.5 million offer. Barnes Acquisition LLC was listed as a backup bidder;

Sturm Ruger & Co. will acquire Remington’s Marlin firearms business, for $30 million. Long Range Acquisition LLC was listed as a backup bidder;

Roundhill Group LLC is paying $13 million for Remington’s non-Marlin firearms operation. Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. were listed as the Backup Bidders;

JJE Capital Holdings LLC, a private-equity firm based in Columbia, SC, is buying the recently shuttered DPMS black rifle brand as well as the H&R, Stormlake, Parker and AAC brands for an undisclosed amount. JJE Capital also owns Palmetto Outdoors Shooting Facility and Lead Star Arm;

Sportsman’s Warehouse is getting the Tapco black rifle accessory brand for an undisclosed amount;

Nevada’s Franklin Armory will acquire the Bushmaster brand and some related assets for an undisclosed amount.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ FWIW, JJE = Palmetto State Armory. Interesting to see them and Century Arms trying to step up into the big leagues.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Holy fucking shit! My dreams are coming true! I considered Ruger to be the perfect fit for Marlin back when freedom group hovered them up. I’m unreasonably happy to hear this news.

- Bret

Posts: 2467 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
quote:

Holy fucking shit! My dreams are coming true! I considered Ruger to be the perfect fit for Marlin back when freedom group hovered them up. I’m unreasonably happy to hear this news.

- Bret

Ruger taking over Marlin thread

Ruger taking over Marlin is going to hopefully be a great thing.

I’m also very excited to see what PSA does with their acquisitions. I wish Ruger had the rights to the 870 as well. I’d love to see a Ruger 870.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Only Remington could go bankrupt during the biggest demand for Guns and ammo.

I’m pretty happy that Ruger is picking up marlin.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7958 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:

My first thought was who gets Marlin...

Posts: 11363 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't put my finger on it, but that sounds like a good idea. Ruger could make a very nice marlin lever. Ruger is pretty good at anything it puts its mind to (I don't specifically recall any gaffes).

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

But they didn’t really. They went under during the period after Donald Trump took office and all the previous panic gun buying ceased and things got really weird for the gun industry overall as things became “safe” and gun sales and prices plummeted.

Posts: 33841 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
So who lost and ended up with Para-Ordnance?

Posts: 3389 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked my para-ordnance pistols. I wish I still had them.

I'm looking forward to what Ruger does with the lever action Marlins.

I hope they bring back the Camp 9 and Camp 45.

And for the love of God, someone bring back the Nylon 66!!!

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Question .. Didn't Vista outdoors go PC bullshit and divest themselves of firearms brands just a year ago?

Sold Savage

Asshats and now opportunists??

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2011 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

But they didn’t really.

Either way, there's no reason to leave anything for the tort lawyers; they'll just waste years and millions trying to figure out a sneak past the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. In a way, it's not a bad time for Remington to be broke.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sportsman’s Warehouse is getting the Tapco black rifle accessory brand for an undisclosed amount;

They deserve each other

Posts: 26933 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping JJE/Palmetto increases the production rate and lowers the cost of AAC

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23303 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish Ruger had the rights to the 870 as well. I’d love to see a Ruger 870.

When I think of Remington, I primarily think of shotguns. My Dad has hunted with his Remington 1100 for as long as I can remember and a Remington 1187 is my go-to duck gun.

I hope the Remington shotguns are able to return to their proud heritage.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24156 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the rights to produce the Nylon 66 and tooling went to a Brazilian company long ago.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
How about the model 700?

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post