SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nice to have friends…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice to have friends… Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted
My buddy Ed joined me for dinner tonight at my favorite local restaurant. At the adjoining table was a vacationing couple who had been seated next to me when I was was at the place my buddy bartends at a day or two ago. We’d enjoyed talking with them the first time so it was a fun coincidence and we had another good time. In the course of conversation they mentioned having a reservation for 6 tomorrow at Mama’s Fish House, an excellent restaurant here with a waiting list at least a month or two long.

Can’t wait to see the look on their faces when they sit down at their table tomorrow and see Ed and I waving hello from a nearby table. Like I said, it’s nice to have friends. Smile

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Love Mamas, one of my top 5 meals ever EVER. I lived on the west side of Maui in 2007 and ran the typical circuit of restaurants and bars on that side and often times saw the same people for any given 7 day time frame. Years after that, I traveled to Maui for various work and leisure trips and found the Kihei side to be similar in the sense that if you pay attention you can see the same folks, particularly if you take fishing/boating/snorkeling charters.

Maui is my favorite, the best, No Ka Oi. I look forward to going back there sometime soon.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Love Mamas, one of my top 5 meals ever EVER. I lived on the west side of Maui in 2007 and ran the typical circuit of restaurants and bars on that side and often times saw the same people for any given 7 day time frame. Years after that, I traveled to Maui for various work and leisure trips and found the Kihei side to be similar in the sense that if you pay attention you can see the same folks, particularly if you take fishing/boating/snorkeling charters.

Maui is my favorite, the best, No Ka Oi. I look forward to going back there sometime soon.

I know I'm going against the song, but I'm going to disagree and say that Maui is way to big and commercialized for me, so I say Kona No Ka Oi. Smile

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
1st time: "Hello, nice to meet you."
2nd time: "What a coincidence!"
3td time: "Harry, they're stalking us!"

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Mama’s is a delight … Uncertain if I ever make it back to Hawaii again with the new rules

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
3td time: "Harry, they're stalking us!"
Big Grin Haha!

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Update - It was a blast. They were celebrating the husband’s birthday and my friend switched them to an unobtainable table with the best view so they were totally blown away. It was a nice touch, and since Ed & I were at the next table they have a funny story to tell about it too.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
My buddy Ed joined me for dinner tonight at my favorite local restaurant. At the adjoining table was a vacationing couple who had been seated next to me when I was was at the place my buddy bartends at a day or two ago. We’d enjoyed talking with them the first time so it was a fun coincidence and we had another good time. In the course of conversation they mentioned having a reservation for 6 tomorrow at Mama’s Fish House, an excellent restaurant here with a waiting list at least a month or two long.

Can’t wait to see the look on their faces when they sit down at their table tomorrow and see Ed and I waving hello from a nearby table. Like I said, it’s nice to have friends. Smile

Awesome. I do wish I got to meet you when me and my mom went to Maui. We were so busy touring from sunrise to sunset. Best trip of our life ever and I so appreciate the offer you made us for Mama’s. I am blown away how we were treated at Hula Grill. The food was so good and the way they were so good to us. They gave us the best seat for the view.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Update - It was a blast. They were celebrating the husband’s birthday and my friend switched them to an unobtainable table with the best view so they were totally blown away. It was a nice touch, and since Ed & I were at the next table they have a funny story to tell about it too.

Awesome!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post