SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the group thinking on the price of platinum lately?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the group thinking on the price of platinum lately? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Not sure what prompted me to look, but I notice that platinum is at something like a ten year low.

Anyone else figuring on buying, or warning against it?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Look at the trend since the early 2000's. Automotive is a big consumer and trends are fewer diesels (platinum cat's) and more electric cars.
Could be a long time to recover and very speculative to me.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Platinum sure is pretty.

https://www.apmex.com/spotprices/platinum-price - I looked at the 10 year chart

When would you sell it and who is going to buy it when you're ready to sell?

Most people prefer gold and silver.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've considered Gold, never platinum. Also thought about dabbling with cryptocurrency, but it's so volatile that I'm glad I didn't invest anything.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I won't be investing a lot if I decide to buy some, and am not planning on selling anytime soon. What I'd like to avoid is the feeling of "crap I should have waited a few months".

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I had a precious metals guy tell me that trying to sell platinum is a lot harder than offloading gold or silver.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think you can look the price up on the Internet.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I had a precious metals guy tell me that trying to sell platinum is a lot harder than offloading gold or silver.

He was right.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post