SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2024 NHL playoffs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2024 NHL playoffs Login/Join 
posted
Panthers/Rangers
Stars/?
Who’s gonna play the Stars?
Personally I’d like to see the Rangers and Stars.

Posts: 1151 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I also wanna see the Rangers go all the way, but its New York…and when is the last time a New York team won anything?
If I had to put money down its gonna be Panthers and Stars in the final with Panthers taking it. The depth of Florida is just amazing.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3471 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree medic. My gut says Panthers.

Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Let's go, Flyers. Oh wait. They didn't even make the playoffs, did they?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5311 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Boston is out. Now need NY out. The west is looking like it'll be Dallas v Vancouver unless Edmonton can win back to back with a game 7 win on the road. Of those 2 I'd take Dallas. Love to see the Panthers in the finals.

Posts: 1765 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I too was happy to see Boston eliminated. Now I'd like to see the Rangers eliminated.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian Team in the finals. It's been a long time since we've seen that.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4572 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Any season where Brad Marchand doesn’t win the Cup is a good season.

Posts: 3534 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I too was happy to see Boston eliminated. Now I'd like to see the Rangers eliminated.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian Team in the finals. It's been a long time since we've seen that.

Three years ago the Canadiens lost to the Lightning. Of course that was a Covid restricted season so I don’t know if that actually counts. Razz

Posts: 5011 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I would like the Canucks to win and Florida to win.

I'm a Flyers fan. If all goes well with their prospects they should make the playoffs next season. Of course goaltending will be an issue.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3924 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Three years ago the Canadiens lost to the Lightning. Of course that was a Covid restricted season so I don’t know if that actually counts.

In my book it doesn't. That season has an asterick * beside the Tampa Bay win for me.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4572 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm rooting for whoever plays the Stars. So fucking sick and tired of losing to those guys.

Posts: 7647 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s been quiet here for a while but we’re at the cup. What’s your prediction?

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Panthers should beat Edmonton but it will take seven games to get it done I think. But McDavid could single handily will Edmonton to win. Panthers are one of eleven teams to have never won a Cup so I'd like to see that number become ten.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8611 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
This will be Panthers in 5, no more than 6.

Panthers are four solid lines and good goaltending. The play uptempo and EDM just doesn't have the personnel to keep up with them.

Dallas got nothing out of Pavelski or much else from their big guns. It wasn't due to the blistering EDM D but rather, they were tired and had no hustle. What they brought in the 3rd was what they should have done in the prior games for the full 60 mins.

EDM as McJesus, Draisaitl and who else? Their goaltending isn't good compared to Panthers.

While I want it to go 7 games because it's the last hockey until September, I'll be kind and say it'll be over in 6 but really, it'll be 5. Two in FL, two in Alberta and FL wins it at home.

Posts: 4243 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I have no skin in the game. I am real happy the Rangers are not in the finals.

Anyway I think the Panthers will win the Cup. Better goaltending and a better team overall. Its a bad Stanley Cup matchup but Ill still watch.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3924 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
I'll be the outlier. I'm taking the Oilers.

Posts: 3262 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
I'll be the outlier. I'm taking the Oilers.

Not the only one, picking them and rooting for them.

Posts: 2159 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the Oilers as well. Not sure who's best watching from a distance. But Alberta might be the last hope to cure the disease that afflicts our Comrads to the North. A cup win might put some wind in their sales.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7011 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The Stars had three young kids on ELC's and they fricking killed us. I'm good with who ever wins now.

Posts: 7647 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1-0 Edmonton after the first. It’s a rough game tonight.