SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hand mixer bit the dust, need recommendation for replacement.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hand mixer bit the dust, need recommendation for replacement. Login/Join 
posted
Was mixing a pound cake, the old one sparked up and stripped gears. Any of you SF chefs have a recommendation for a new hand mixer?

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kitchenaid

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
The Cuisinart is less expensive but the Kitchenaid has higher reviews from users.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am curious too as I RARELY use our electric hand mixer until I started the Keto diet and made Keto friendly cheesecake. My hand mixer died after the second cheesecake. Sad that things are not made like they used to be. I need a new one, but also don’t want to spend a lot on one as it is rarely used.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I have used our hand mixer maybe 2 times since I bought out KitchenAid stand mixer,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I have used our hand mixer maybe 2 times since I bought out KitchenAid stand mixer,

Same here. I can't even remember the last time I used my hand mixer.

My only complaint with the KitchenAid stand mixer is the anodized attachments. I made the mistake of tossing them in the dishwasher. Then, I bought the porcelain (I think) coated ones. Now, clean up is simple and no different that the hand held. Dirty attachments and dirty bowl. No difference and the stand does a better job IMO. Plus everything else it'll do. An indispensable kitchen appliance.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
KitchenAid. There are a bunch of attachments you can add as well. Ours has been going strong for about 20 years now.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shame they don't still make Dormeyer mixers. Those things were built like a tank. Place near here still has spare beaters in stock, at least the last time I was down there.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just got a Kitchen Aid handheld mixer for $50 on Amazon. Made cookies with my kids last night and it worked great. We already have several nice mixing bowls so we didn’t really need a stand mixer.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post