SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bought the Hitachi NR90AE framing nailer!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought the Hitachi NR90AE framing nailer! Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
After doing the walls and most of the sheeting on my shed by hand, I broke down and bought the Hitachi from Lowe’s. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hitac...aming-Nailer/3020227

I’ve since picked up a few tips for using a framing hammer as well...

It’s a small shed, but I’ll be doing the basement later so it was worth it. I missed the $150 Hitachi and ended up with the Hitachi is now Metabo marked box at $169. From a non carpenter/framer, this is very nice!

Not too heavy for a weekend project guy, I found a tip to use 3/8” hose from the compressor to a short 1/4” section to hang off the gun. It may not supply enough air for rapid use if I was doing it for a job, but works awesome for me.

Best thing, that I didn’t realize or would have bought sooner, is it shoots the smaller sheeting sized nails!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8346 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Try to stay out of the ER

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23321 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
^ that’s what reminded me to mention how much I like this nail gun. And what I’m trying to avoid.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8346 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I remember when I first got my NR83 nearly two decades ago. I promptly nailed my hand to a 2x4 with it. Yep, works really good.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I used one just like that for years when I was younger. Best nailgun made as far as I’m concerned. Nice purchase.
Be careful with the damn thing. I have seen more people shoot one up in their foot, framing walls, than in their hands.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I was going to buy a Hitachi NR90AE, myself, a while ago. But I've got precisely two framing jobs to do and, after that, will likely never use a framing nailer ever again. So my next-door-neighbour, upon hearing of this, insisted I borrow his DeWalt framing nailer, instead.

Much as I don't like to borrow tools, that's what I did.

I did however, purchase a Hitachi brad nailer. That, like my finish nailer, I know I will use again and again.

Just put up a few dozen feet of crown molding today, using that brad nailer, in fact.

I went out and bought a 25', 1/4" light-weight hose to run my nailers off my pancake compressor. So light you wouldn't even know there was hose attached.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
My Paslode framing nailer is one of my favorite tools of all time. I was trying to nail boards over my head - swinging a hammer straight up and being effective at it wasn't working.

Love my nailgun.

My little compressor powered finish nailer gets a lot of use as well.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post